Stimulus Payment Information for US Citizens

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-i … ed-to-know

So they do not send you a paper check:

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Coronavirus Stimulus Payments
Legal US tax residents with a social security number and income who do not owe child support are among the immigrant groups eligible to receive the payments!

:D

Since this is an advance payment of a tax credit it is NOT taxable.

spend it quick while there is still a system

buy some plans off the Internet for a septic tank bunker   :D

Thank you, Mr. President.
& Thanks also to all the Front Line Healthcare workers around the world and "Stay Strong” !

Canadian relief package

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal … SKBN21C1QO

yippee for all our Canadian brothers and sisters

Yippee we get our fair share in Singapore!
Thank you Sir!

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/covid … 00040.html

Democratic lawmakers sent a letter to the Treasury Dept Wednesday to send the stimulus check automatically to recipients of Social Security by direct deposit. And it shall
be done.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/politics … index.html

All others, a web-based portal will be online for people to place their bank datas for direct deposit.

robal

Mnuchin said stimulus checks within 2 weeks for some...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … 115064002/

It may be longer and only rarely will it be a physical check.

Treasury dept is creating a web portal for people to give the government bank account information i case they don't already have it. So checks will be delayed to allowed that site to be completed and then people will be given a window of time to input the data.

the irs website says it will take "weeks" before the website is done

but it's better than a check

or maybe the whole thing will be OBE

edit*********
Just heard Munchkin talking. He said "if we have your information you will get your payment in about two weeks." What that means is that you will get a direct deposit within two weeks if you put bank account information on your 2018 or 2019 return.

Otherwise it will be longer.

Philippine Destiny wrote:

What that means is that you will get a direct deposit within two weeks if you put bank account information on your 2018 or 2019 return.

Or if you are receiving SSA benefits by direct deposit.

mugtech wrote:
Philippine Destiny wrote:

What that means is that you will get a direct deposit within two weeks if you put bank account information on your 2018 or 2019 return.

Or if you are receiving SSA benefits by direct deposit.

right

as they already have your DD information

My social security was deposited today and school loan deductions have already been omitted increasing my payment by a couple of hundred.  That's fast work from passage to payment indeed!!!

IMPEACH!

Stimulus payments can now be sent as early as next Thursday, 9April2020 by electronic deposit. Yipeee!

And Speaker Nancy Pelosi is looking at another round of Stimulus Package for families that mirrors the current $2trillion amount. Let´s do it Nancy darling!!!!

robal

She says this can be done before the infrastucture stimulus set by Trump.

I too want to call someone 'darling'
...but nobody gives two hoots fm where I come from!

Just saying!

:joking:

There will be millions if not billions lost to fraud.

It's prudent to have a plan for the next possible stimulus , but lets not go all in to we see our cards.

Under past administrations treasury checks were sent out as a stimulus, promoting families to spend, but the end results they just paid down their bills.

With the exception of Corona, the political party in control (USA) in the past has always had some agenda (give away) to promote re-election.

W9XR wrote:

There will be millions if not billions lost to fraud.

It's prudent to have a plan for the next possible stimulus , but lets not go all in to we see our cards.

Under past administrations treasury checks were sent out as a stimulus, promoting families to spend, but the end results they just paid down their bills.

With the exception of Corona, the political party in control (USA) in the past has always had some agenda (give away) to promote re-election.

Well it´s close to election time. I was wondering really if it was a political maneuver by the Democrats.

robal wrote:
W9XR wrote:

Well it´s close to election time. I was wondering really if it was a political maneuver by the Democrats.

Of course, the people are taxed. . . . .so the government can give back their money, just before an election. These people never link the two together.

Also the politicians are given "WAM" (walking around money) this is extra money that is unaccountable and can be spent at will for anything and is completely legal and it does not show up as income on their taxes.

W9XR wrote:
robal wrote:
W9XR wrote:

Of course, the people are taxed. . . . .so the government can give back their money, just before an election. These people never link the two together.

Also the politicians are given "WAM" (walking around money) this is extra money that is unaccountable and can be spent at will for anything and is completely legal and it does not show up as income on their taxes.

Exactly : We too have a saying at home!...Its like getting a free piece of chicken 'wing' when times are bad, & then 'they' taking back a whole chicken from you when its all over!
The only thing I've not felt/seen is the "WAM: $" I'm very sure its moving around!
I'd love to call someone 'Daddy' or 'Darling' if I could get my hands on some "WAM" !

Just saying!

:proud

I believe that the next stimulus scheme will be along the lines of a prepaid debit card along with all the usual fees associated with it. The fees of course are used to generate WAM$ for the corporate boys!

Just Thinking

The $2.2 trillion stimulus was huge, but the next one will be a real beast.

My situation is this, I am on SS, wife is not. She is in the US and I am here. I filed my 2019 taxes but I owed so there was no direct deposit info entered.  I believe[i]  [/i]but I am not sure what the direct deposit info I gave then.
So which direct deposit information will take precedence, SS information for me or the potentially out of date  tax information from 2018 tax return?  The web portal that is being created will probably arrive to late.  Additionally, the portal may adopt what the IRS does too often and require a US mobile phone to send an OTP (and they check for virtual phone numbers).

AaronAardvark wrote:

My situation is this, I am on SS, wife is not. She is in the US and I am here. I filed my 2019 taxes but I owed so there was no direct deposit info entered.  I believe[i]  [/i]but I am not sure what the direct deposit info I gave then.
So which direct deposit information will take precedence, SS information for me or the potentially out of date  tax information from 2018 tax return?  The web portal that is being created will probably arrive to late.  Additionally, the portal may adopt what the IRS does too often and require a US mobile phone to send an OTP (and they check for virtual phone numbers).

Whatever criteria they chose, it will have more holes than a pound of Swiss Cheese. Millions of people will fall through holes.

For example, my wife & I filed joint tax returns, but only my ss number was on the return. We  got our tax refund by direct deposit. I made a mistake on filing in my favor. They mailed a check made out to Mr. & Mrs. in the amount of the error, instead of a direct deposit.

Now for my hole in the swiss cheese, I will probably get one check for me, but none for her, if they use the direct deposit info for those of us receiving ss.

AaronAardvark wrote:

I doubt the portal will arrive too late when avoiding a paper check is the purpose for it. They are pushing the checks out later.

They can send it to you based on your SS. They are also looking at 2018 returns.

You can also just keeping checking for the portal to be done and put your info in when it is.

Other than that there is nothing you can do because they will not accept a call from anyone.

The next stimulus check on process:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-repor … 00226.htmlhttps://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea … 950924001/

robal

They are talking about the second stimulus payment, I have not seen the first one.
I already spent it too.
It would be funny if one would not get any just because they're 1 cent over the income limit.....
This stimulus is stimulating.

W9XR - As a bonus, you might get the donut hole too. Just to make it sweeter. :)

Jackson4 wrote:

They are talking about the second stimulus payment, I have not seen the first one.
I already spent it too.
It would be funny if one would not get any just because they're 1 cent over the income limit.....

W9XR - As a bonus, you might get the donut hole too. Just to make it sweeter. :)

What did you spend it on?  Other than groceries, I would be hard pressed to spend that much money.  Can't even squander it on beer and girls.  :(

Jackson4 wrote:

I already spent it too.

Actually, I would prefer a rye bagel with cream cheese.

The two biggest lies in the world:

(1) The check is in the mail

(2) I won't C**   I*  Y***  M****

3. Creepy Uncle Joe is electable

4. 2FA

risk reduction is not risk elimination

Apparently direct deposits start next week (13th) but the portal is not available until the end of the month.  For me, both 2018 and 2019 will have no direct deposit information since I had to pay.  SS might work but the wife is not getting SS.  She, of course has a number but there is no direct deposit info.
Intuit/TurboTax has released their own "portal" just for stimulus checks.  They ask basic information from the 2018 return and bank information.  I tried over and over but It always failed and asked me to check the personal information.  It was 100% correct, consisting of only names, address, phone number and adjusted gross income from line 7, but it still failed.

Also, the IRS will send a letter to your last know address to verify that you got your payment.

Sometimes I think that the only place outside of the US that the IRS knows about is New Mexico😊

Heisenburg's home is in Albuquerque, New Mexico....hope poor Mrs.White is getting her SS on time too!

:D

AaronAardvark wrote:

Apparently direct deposits start next week (13th) but the portal is not available until the end of the month.  For me, both 2018 and 2019 will have no direct deposit information since I had to pay.  SS might work but the wife is not getting SS.  She, of course has a number but there is no direct deposit info.
Intuit/TurboTax has released their own "portal" just for stimulus checks.  They ask basic information from the 2018 return and bank information.  I tried over and over but It always failed and asked me to check the personal information.  It was 100% correct, consisting of only names, address, phone number and adjusted gross income from line 7, but it still failed.

Also, the IRS will send a letter to your last know address to verify that you got your payment.

Sometimes I think that the only place outside of the US that the IRS knows about is New Mexico😊

The Turbo Tax portal cannot be used if you already did your 2019 taxes, which you said you did in your comment above. The portal submits an actual albeit very basic tax return and the IRS does not allow a return to be submitted after a first one is accepted. IRS has locked your record.

but I cannot fathom that they would start sending out paper checks before giving people a few days at least to use the Dep Treas portal

but I will make a prediction

THE TREASURY PORTAL CRASHES HARDER THE ECONOMY JUST DID

You are very likely  correct.  What I attempted to do was to use the 2018 information even though I did submit a 2019 return (before there was any mention of a  Stimulus payment.  It would have been nice if there was a better error message than the one that I got that said to check my personal info,
Hopefully, the IRS portal will not have that limitation.