Entry to Brazil Restricted Starting March 30, 2020

right so good news for you, was a good trip for that, i always find when in doubt reach out to your consulate for accurate info, :) parabens!

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Brasilia, Brazil (April 29, 2020)

Event:  Extension of Air Border Closure and Commercial Flight Update

On April 28, Brazil extended the current ban on foreigners entering the country by air for an additional 30 days (through May 28).  Those in the following categories are exempt:

·       Brazilian citizens, born or naturalized

·       Permanent residents of Brazil

·       Foreign professionals employed by a non-governmental aid organization recognized by the Brazilian government

·       Foreign officials accredited by the Brazilian government

·       Spouse, domestic partner, son or daughter, father or mother, or caregiver of a Brazilian citizen

·       Any person whose entrance into Brazil is deemed by the government to be in the public interest

·       Travelers in transit in one of the following categories:

o   Cargo delivery

o   International passengers making a connection who do not leave the international transit area

o   Passengers required to disembark for aircraft refueling or repairs

o   Flight crews

The announcement does not prevent individuals from departing on commercial flights.  At this time, nine U.S. bound commercial flights departing Brazil continue to operate per week.  Flights include daily service on United Airlines from Sao Paulo (GRU) and flights on Azul from Campinas once per week to Fort Lauderdale and once per week to Orlando.  These flights have been stable for more than two weeks but are subject to change.  Please contact your airline with questions regarding your flight reservation. 

U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial flight arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.  The U.S. government does not currently anticipate arranging repatriation flights in Brazil.

United Airlines is still showing daily flights out of Sao Paulo for Houston, Ohare and Dulles .....I believe I am going to have the entire plane to myself when I go back next week ....

I thought that as well, mine was packed. lol

For those not enrolled on STEP:

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Brasilia, Brazil (April 30, 2020)

Event:  Commercial Flight Update – Increased Availability

Beginning May 1, U.S. bound commercial flights from Brazil are expected to increase to 13 flights per week.  Flights include daily service on United Airlines from Sao Paulo (GRU) to Houston (IAH) and flights on Azul from Campinas (VCP) twice per week to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and once per week to Orlando (MCO).  Additionally, LATAM is expected to resume its Sao Paulo (GRU) to Miami (MIA) flight three times per week.  Please contact your airline with questions regarding your flight reservation and schedules.

We continue to encourage U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States to make commercial flight arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.  The pandemic remains an evolving situation and flight schedules may change with little to no notice.  The U.S. government does not currently anticipate arranging repatriation flights in Brazil. 

Actions to Take:

·       Contact your airline with flight questions: United Airlines, Azul, and LATAM.

·       Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and Messages from the U.S. Embassy.

I made a separate post about this in another forum but I was trying to find out. I have a son in Brazil. I want to visit him (he's 6 months) and born to a Brazilian mother. We are married but I notice it says,

" Spouse, domestic partner, son or daughter, father or mother, or caregiver of a Brazilian citizen"

Since I am his father and he is a Brazilian citizen what proof would I need to provide at immigration so that I can come to visit my son. I've already tested negative for COVID-19 and I have paperwork to prove that. I haven't seen him in a very long time. I've tried calling the Embassy and they all said they're in emergency mode and only helping people in urgent situations so I'm I can't get an answer.

Do you have marriage cert? If so have it registered with BR consulate.
You may be able to enter with the registered Marriage with Consulate as spouse. If wanting to stay would need to go through the CRMN process here in BR.

That's the issue. We were trying to get married but I had to come back and get my birth certificate attested in the Brazil Embassy in my home country. So I went back to do that and was going to return to finish up the process of us getting married, as well as adding myself to my son's birth certificate and this craziness happened. I guess since I have no proof he's my son since we were unable to finish the process they will deny me entry. Wow, mega frustrating but I will continue to voice chat him and Skype call till this is over. I just hope it isn't till September.

Try to get a letter stating you are the father from her,  notarized (cartorio). Not sure about it because PF has final say. Have her go to PF with letter and explain what you state.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Try to get a letter stating you are the father from her,  notarized (cartorio). Not sure about it because PF has final say. Have her go to PF with letter and explain what you state.

Good idea!

MidnightRonin wrote:

I made a separate post about this in another forum but I was trying to find out. I have a son in Brazil. I want to visit him (he's 6 months) and born to a Brazilian mother. We are married but I notice it says,

" Spouse, domestic partner, son or daughter, father or mother, or caregiver of a Brazilian citizen"

Since I am his father and he is a Brazilian citizen what proof would I need to provide at immigration so that I can come to visit my son. I've already tested negative for COVID-19 and I have paperwork to prove that. I haven't seen him in a very long time. I've tried calling the Embassy and they all said they're in emergency mode and only helping people in urgent situations so I'm I can't get an answer.

Providing you have no visa overstay fines and you have a copy of birth certificate and invitation letter won't be a problem. I just made the journy a few weeks back. Marriage was deemed non essential pais do brasil / parent of a Brazilian child cannot be refused

But i cannot stress enough to have documentation on hand

I recently traveled on United through Houston. They will begin flights from Chicago and Newark in June. The gate agents checked passengers BR documents as they boarded so it was quick and easy. When I arrived at GRU airport passport check, I showed them my CRMN and the person did not say a thing and let me through.

On the way back, there were only 2 flights, one to Houston on United and another to Miami on Latam

jc1234 wrote:

I recently traveled on United through Houston. They will begin flights from Chicago and Newark in June. The gate agents checked passengers BR documents as they boarded so it was quick and easy. When I arrived at GRU airport passport check, I showed them my CRMN and the person did not say a thing and let me through.

On the way back, there were only 2 flights, one to Houston on United and another to Miami on Latam

Welcome home ! Glad you made it safe and sound with no issues

http://www.in.gov.br/en/web/dou/-/porta … -258114133

restriction extended