Entry to Brazil Restricted Starting March 30, 2020

This notice on limitations on entry by air by the Brazilian Government was published today by the US Embassy in Brasília.   Note that land borders are already closed:

Health Alert

U.S. Embassy Brasilia, Brazil

March 28, 2020

Event: On March 27, Brazil announced the closure of its borders, beginning on March 30, 2020 for 30 days, to individuals arriving by air who do not fall into one of the following categories:

·         Brazilian citizens, born or naturalized

·         Permanent residents of Brazil

·         Foreign professionals employed by a non-governmental aid organization recognized by the Brazilian government

·         Foreign officials accredited by the Brazilian government

·         Spouse, domestic partner, son or daughter, father or mother, or caregiver of a Brazilian citizen

·         Any person whose entrance into Brazil is deemed by the government to be in the public interest

·         Travelers in transit in one of the following categories:

o   Cargo delivery

o   International passengers making a connection who do not leave the international transit area 

·         Passengers required to disembark for aircraft refueling or repairs

·         Flight crews

The announcement does not prevent individuals from departing on commercial flights.  However, given the decision to limit the entry of foreign nationals, the availability of international flights may decline.  If you are not prepared to remain in Brazil for an indefinite period, make immediate arrangements to return to the United States.

Any questions should be directed to the Brazilian Embassy, Consulate General, or Consulate nearest you.

Brazilian government announcement (in Portuguese): http://www.in.gov.br/web/dou/-/portaria … -250060288

Good. But I´m staying put.  :D Why should an American go back to his more contaminated country than Brazil? Alright, assuming that you already have the COVID-19. But how about if you have the other strain? Then you can give them your strain and you receiving their strain...

robal

I was reading "big brother" (Fed, State, cities) are tracking movement in US. Not the cell carries, but ads and apps. They can see gatherings and movements and act if needed.
May want to delete all cookies and turn off location?
Who knows?

Texanbrazil wrote:

I was reading "big brother" (Fed, State, cities) are tracking movement in US. Not the cell carries, but ads and apps. They can see gatherings and movements and act if needed.
May want to delete all cookies and turn off location?
Who knows?

I've stopped using Chrome, and switched to Brave for everything.   It blocks cookies, trackers, and ads.

I´m on Brave too. And they give you free BATs (a cryptocurrency) just for using their browser. I use chrome only to enter my financial accts.

robal

Okay I downloaded Brave. Any tips?

Use it normally like any other browser. I pair it with a VPN to access some US sites. Netflix won´t allow VPNs anymore to access US content. So I use a Brazil server through my VPN to show I´m accessing from Brazil.

robal

Yep it does not like some of my favorite sites.

Texanbrazil wrote:

I cannot log on to Bank of America with Brave through my iMac. However, when I use my Windows notebook and use Chrome (with the VPN on a US server) I´m able to enter. For financials, I use a separate and specific computer for that purpose and keep it from routine internet engagements. Used also for trading...

robal

Same here. Thanks

robal wrote:

Use it normally like any other browser. I pair it with a VPN to access some US sites. Netflix won´t allow VPNs anymore to access US content. So I use a Brazil server through my VPN to show I´m accessing from Brazil.

robal

I had some trouble accessing Netflix US content through my VPN (PIA) on Chrome.  Users notified PIA, and I guess they did some black magic behind the scenes.  Not having any difficulty on Brave now.

Texanbrazil wrote:

If you play around with the security settings, you can usually get through.   If nothing else works, just turning them off usually does.

Thank amigo

Sure thing.  Click on the red lion's head on the address line for some ready options  ;) .

I don't care...just d I nt Ness with youtube and I am good, or whatsapp or messenger..I have no money..lol...and some ass cloned my credit card, I shut it off for no one I s in the office  ,,,imagine that....can you say "Economy Reset"....isse..

Did anyone enter into Brasil recently with this new restriction?
Like to know the process at the airport.

I saw on another forum a Brazilian spouse had to fly to the airport to prove that the other spouse is together.

Alascana wrote:

I don't care...just d I nt Ness with youtube and I am good, or whatsapp or messenger..I have no money..lol...and some ass cloned my credit card, I shut it off for no one I s in the office  ,,,imagine that....can you say "Economy Reset"....isse..

I  had a credit card cloned, too.  Fortunately, it was one that was in the process of being canceled and reissued anyway.   Guess the crooks are working from home, too.  :cool:

abthree wrote:
Alascana wrote:

I  had a credit card cloned, too.  Fortunately, it was one that was in the process of being canceled and reissued anyway.   Guess the crooks are working from home, too.  :cool:

I had 2 cloned cards.
It´s more probable that whoever had access to your number during your purchase sold your number
to a corrupt individual or a criminal organization. It was a pain to notify your card issuer, they had to investigate and took them about a month. They cancel your card right away and send a new one. And then came the surprise CPF thing to be placed on envelopes and never received the shipment. They had to resend the cards to my new mail forwarder afterwards.

The CPF is now needed on mail. Do not know why.
I had one cloned recently, minor charges and guess they were trying to see if they went through.
Bank sent new one overnight and believe it or not it came in 6 days. (includes weekend).
Thanks to all.

I Shut my card off, I am hoping to resolve the problem with the issuer Monday, the thief tried 5-10 times to charge purchases between $270 and $300r, I was happy for the amount requested was nor available. ....had they treid a week later they would have scored, the card has a positive balance now, I just have it turned off until the problem can be resolved, they were able to make 3 purchases on the card 2 for food 30r each and a 20r phone credit,,,
I am missing my New USA Credit Card for I think they did not get the memo on the CPF being necessary. ...

I will contact this week to have the card Reissued. ..

MUST ALL MAVE A CPF NOW ????

I had my credit card and debit card cloned. I reduced the credit line on the credit card and opened another checking account for just international withdraws with no funds in it until I'm ready to make withdrawals.

But back on topic, has anyone entered Brazil recently? What was it like at passport check?

jc1234 wrote:

I had my credit card and debit card cloned. I reduced the credit line on the credit card and opened another checking account for just international withdraws with no funds in it until I'm ready to make withdrawals.

But back on topic, has anyone entered Brazil recently? What was it like at passport check?

This is for Mikeflanagan from Canada. He just came in the last 2 weeks I believe. You could PM him.

robal

yeah if your not brazilian or have any *valid* method of going to brazil . or owe any fines you will be refused at your connecting flight before getting to the country as they are reserving all remaining ( only a few left ) flights to brazil for old, disabled, families take priority, as well as childeren. I almost didnt get on my flight till i had to speak to the supervisor to show all my documentation to go back home. and a email from the consulate of brazil canada stating i was allowed entry. pretty strickt. I seen about 5 - 10 people denied entry before me so i was quite worried. i paid my visa overstay of like 14 mil. ( including juros/multa ) so i told them no reason for you not to let me into brazil. my dependants need me, had the invitation letter ( all formal and proper ) clean criminal check on hand as well as all my other informations required. i was almost still told no but the supervisor at azul spoke with federal police via whatsapp. and because i had all documentation handy i was able to come home. thankfully because north america is going crazy right now

all worth it though, missed my family too much here.

Thanks Mike. And welcome home!

Mikeflanagan wrote:

yeah if your not brazilian or have any *valid* method of going to brazil . or owe any fines you will be refused at your connecting flight before getting to the country as they are reserving all remaining ( only a few left ) flights to brazil for old, disabled, families take priority, as well as childeren. I almost didnt get on my flight till i had to speak to the supervisor to show all my documentation to go back home. and a email from the consulate of brazil canada stating i was allowed entry. pretty strickt. I seen about 5 - 10 people denied entry before me so i was quite worried. i paid my visa overstay of like 14 mil. ( including juros/multa ) so i told them no reason for you not to let me into brazil. my dependants need me, had the invitation letter ( all formal and proper ) clean criminal check on hand as well as all my other informations required. i was almost still told no but the supervisor at azul spoke with federal police via whatsapp. and because i had all documentation handy i was able to come home. thankfully because north america is going crazy right now

This happened at which airport?
I have an RNE but I don't know what else I need.
I will be flying United to GRU 2 days before they left restriction so I am hoping it is not that strict.

Alascana wrote:

I Shut my card off, I am hoping to resolve the problem with the issuer Monday, the thief tried 5-10 times to charge purchases between $270 and $300r, I was happy for the amount requested was nor available. ....had they treid a week later they would have scored, the card has a positive balance now, I just have it turned off until the problem can be resolved, they were able to make 3 purchases on the card 2 for food 30r each and a 20r phone credit,,,
I am missing my New USA Credit Card for I think they did not get the memo on the CPF being necessary. ...

Yes, Griz.  Tell them to put your CPF on the shipping documents/ shipping label.

abthree wrote:
Alascana wrote:

Yes, Griz.  Tell them to put your CPF on the shipping documents/ shipping label.

The Reason I ask is I am expecting IRS Checks from Amended Returns...
Will they Require CPF....????
I understand the CC , does it extend to Regular Mail..The Documents is the Question...

No, regular mail gets through.

this happened at MCO / orlando airport

airplane full of brazilians escaping america to come back for SUS

jc1234 wrote:
Mikeflanagan wrote:

I will be flying United to GRU 2 days before they left restriction so I am hoping it is not that strict.

and keep in mind, they will prioritize elderly , childeren , disabled. and the flight i was on was about 75% elderly / disabled. loading took some time to the amount of wheelchairs. I hope you dont meet restriction and hopefully you dont have any issues with your RNE, i dont even have mine yet. I just was naturalized due to father of a brazilian so they were not able to refuse me.

Mikeflanagan wrote:
jc1234 wrote:
Mikeflanagan wrote:

and keep in mind, they will prioritize elderly , childeren , disabled. and the flight i was on was about 75% elderly / disabled. loading took some time to the amount of wheelchairs. I hope you dont meet restriction and hopefully you dont have any issues with your RNE, i dont even have mine yet. I just was naturalized due to father of a brazilian so they were not able to refuse me.

On another forum the guy arrived at the airport in BR and had to have his wife come to the airport to prove that they are together.

How was your experience at the arrival airport?

my situation as im the father of a brazilian, so im allowed free access to all, ( providing i owe no monies or make trouble ) so no one stopped me once i was in brazil just got signed in like any other brazilian and was no issue, marriage however i noted was a bit more tricky just make sure you have any corresponding documentation with you that shows your in good standing with brazil , and that your allowed in brazil and all should be fine, my costs for being able to come back to brazil was steep but worth it and so much happier now that im home! Only had to leave to switch jobs and hunt money for back home and provide for my family here in my absence then come back. BUT i did have an email directly from the itamaraty stating i was allowed back in brazil. kind of hard to refuse on itamaraty level, but i still made sure i had all documentation of literally EVERYTHING on hand so i could show them everything with no issues.

Mikeflanagan wrote:

my situation as im the father of a brazilian, so im allowed free access to all, ( providing i owe no monies or make trouble ) so no one stopped me once i was in brazil just got signed in like any other brazilian and was no issue, marriage however i noted was a bit more tricky just make sure you have any corresponding documentation with you that shows your in good standing with brazil , and that your allowed in brazil and all should be fine, my costs for being able to come back to brazil was steep but worth it and so much happier now that im home! Only had to leave to switch jobs and hunt money for back home and provide for my family here in my absence then come back. BUT i did have an email directly from the itamaraty stating i was allowed back in brazil. kind of hard to refuse on itamaraty level, but i still made sure i had all documentation of literally EVERYTHING on hand so i could show them everything with no issues.

So I should email the consulate my situation and if I am allowed in?

thats up to you, if you already posses an RNE it shouldnt really be that problematic, but wouldnt hurt to check as the flights are becoming more scarce , contact your local consulate, better to prearrange

Mikeflanagan wrote:

thats up to you, if you already posses an RNE it shouldnt really be that problematic, but wouldnt hurt to check as the flights are becoming more scarce , contact your local consulate, better to prearrange

I will ask them which date is the 30 day mark since March has 31 days, which would fall on April 28 for people that do not have RNE.

There are now only nine flights a week from Brazil to the US, implying the same number in the opposite direction.  Staying in close touch with your airline is crucial, and probably more important than trying to communicate with the Consulate.  United still has one flight a day, and so is the best opportunity; the others are once or twice a week.

abthree wrote:

There are now only nine flights a week from Brazil to the US, implying the same number in the opposite direction.  Staying in close touch with your airline is crucial, and probably more important than trying to communicate with the Consulate.  United still has one flight a day, and so is the best opportunity; the others are once or twice a week.

yea i opted for azul, but againt depends on availiability with what airlines are still activly flying, i literally never see planes in the sky in the northeast. clear skys. not even helichopters these days

The Brazilian consulate advises that the restriction is until April 30. But people with CRNM can enter. Apparently places are opening now in Rio Grande do Sul and people just have to use a mask. I don't think the new minister of health is going to extend the travel restriction.