Filing US taxes.

We moved here in Sept as retirees. We use my sons address in the US for social security and pensions that are direct deposited to a YS bank.  When we file taxes do we use that address or do you file using your Dominican address. I also understand we have to fill out a form with social security about living outside the US.  How do you file your taxes?

This is a topic I can't help with.  I am.sure others will help.

Hi cindyscruise,

I am a retired American living here in DR for three years now. I have two pensions and social security. All are direct deposited into my US bank from which I make monthly transfers to my Banreserva dollar account. I have and use on all mail my courier (CPS) address in Florida. There are actually two addresses; one for packages and the other for correspondence. I file my return every year without issue using the address for correspondence. Hope this helps!

Thank you that is what I needed.

Drilsgt:

I assume since the address you use is in Florida that you do not have any State income taxes as Florida does not have a State income tax. For other's who own property or live more than 183 days in another state, they may have a state income tax burden.

That is correct Legs; I do not pay or file any state taxes since leaving NJ in 2016.