New member in HCM, from London

Hi,

Technically I'm not an expat however I've been here since February and just extended my VISA until the  beginning of April.

I'm from England and I've been living in London the last few years working as an IT contractor.  I typically have quite a lot of time between contracts.  I don't see much on the horizon so could extend me stay here.

It's a little lonely and I'm not a massive drinker, so would be nice to meet someone for coffee.
I'm into cycling, running and dating (I'm 41 and do like the locals).

Mark

Hi TeaTotalMostly,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for your nice introduction.
For how long will you be in HCM?

To make new acquaintances, i invite you to participate in the threads found in the Networking Vietnam section. It can help you.

I also invite you to get subscribed to the events section and you will be notified when there will be an event in your area.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Sounds like a dating site might fit the bill.

To be clear, I didn't join this site to date, I've got that covered (Not via Tinder, though thanks for the advice, maybe that works for you).

Looking for expats  who want to meet for a coffee and have mutual interests.

TeaTotalMostly wrote:

Hi,

Technically I'm not an expat however I've been here since February and just extended my VISA until the  beginning of April.

I'm from England and I've been living in London the last few years working as an IT contractor.  I typically have quite a lot of time between contracts.  I don't see much on the horizon so could extend me stay here.

It's a little lonely and I'm not a massive drinker, so would be nice to meet someone for coffee.
I'm into cycling, running and dating (I'm 41 and do like the locals).

Mark

I think you'll have a much better chance of making the type of connections you seek through the Internations DOT Org website.

One repeating event there is a weekly coffee/tea one morning a week, with lunch following optional

Thanks OceanBeach92107, I see they have an event on Saturday, so I'll pop along to that.

TeaTotalMostly wrote:

To be clear, I didn't join this site to date, I've got that covered (Not via Tinder, though thanks for the advice, maybe that works for you).

You said "dating" was one of your interests. So I presumed you wanted to find a date.

You mentioned nothing about meeting other expats, maybe be a bit clearer next time.  :dumbom:

Thanks for your snide remark.

colinoscapee wrote:
TeaTotalMostly wrote:

You said "dating" was one of your interests. So I presumed you wanted to find a date.

You mentioned nothing about meeting other expats, maybe be a bit clearer next time.  :dumbom:

I also said cycling and running were my interests, you didn't suggest I join websites for those activities. 
Anyway thanks for the welcome.

TeaTotalMostly wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
TeaTotalMostly wrote:

I also said cycling and running were my interests, you didn't suggest I join websites for those activities. 
Anyway thanks for the welcome.

Seems pretty clear why you have trouble meeting people.

Good luck, it sounds like you need it.

Hey TeaMostlyOrMaybeCoffee, don't mind the frat boy hazing, happens to all of us sometimes until you are one of the bros. You never know what might trigger 'em.  :/

Stick around, it's a pretty good group.