Marriage to a Namibian Citizen

Hi all!

I am new on this forum but I am very excited to have found it. I have been in a relationship with a Namibian citizen for almost 2 years and we have begun exploring the possibility of marriage and my relocation to Namibia. I have read about other relationships between Namibians and foreigners, however, most of them are South African. Coming from the US, this would be an even larger change and requires a huge amount of learning on my part in regards to the laws of domicile, work, travel, etc.

So, here are a few questions:
1. How do I apply for domicile in Namibia if the marriage takes place in the US?
2. Do I need to obtain Namibian identification documents?
3. When I enter the country after we are married, do I stay for the first 90 days under a tourist visa?
4. If the domicile certificate is not approved within the 90 days what do I do?

This is a bit of an overwhelming process and I would love to hear any stories or advice! All information helps! Thank you!

Hello my name is John and I am an American in Namibia trying to marry a Namibian woman. Things you will need to get Domicile Status in Namibia at the least are: 1.  FBI Criminal History, Passport and Visa, The Visa you can get upon arrival to Namibia, they give 90 day visitor visas upon arrival.  You will have to go to Home Affairs Ministry in whatever town your staying to begin the Process. Oh, and of course any Marriage Documents, Certificate, License ect..  Those are the very basic documents you will need.  As far as my experience here has been good but the Government offices move pretty slow. Of course I can not leave her at this time anyway because of Covid Shutdowns there are No International Flights going, so they let me keep Renewing my Visa for 30 days at a time, at a cost of 850 NAD each month. Hope this helps with some information for you and best of Luck to you and your Fiance.

I am also an American and here in Namibia now.  Have been waiting for 2 months now for permission to marry a Namibian citizen.   One thing you should get before coming and bring with you is a Copy of Your Criminal History from the FBI, that is a must for marrying and obtaining Domicile Status in Namibia.  Since I have not received permission or domicile status yet i can not give you many details.  But Im pretty sure if you marry a Namibian Citizen here in Namibia you will receive Domicile Status once married.   You may also want to check out some channels on Youtube that are done by foreigners married to Namibian Citizens.  Wish you well and hope all works out good for us both.

Sorry i cant help you right now, am currently in Namibia and going through the process to get married here.  Have been waiting for 2 months now for a decision from the Government because I had so legal issues when I was much younger.  But as soon as I hear something I will be glad to let you know how it goes.  If we cant be married here my next option is for us to both go to the U.S. to be married.  Wishing the best for you both.     John

Hello my name is Alex am from Freetown Sierra Leone I have a date from Namibia 🇳🇦 we are planning to married there on my arrival what are the process to follow so I can stay after my 90 days visa expiration?