Moving to Namibia and need help!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and so glad I found this site.

I am currently in Pretoria, South Africa. And I am engaged to a Pilot and he got a job in Windhoek. Everything happened so quickly, he applied and 4 days later he has the job. The company my fiance is working for is going to do his visa and stuff for him, so that is all sorted out. But then there is me, he is already leaving Saturday. I am going to wait here till he sorts himself out in Namibia finding a flat etc.

All i really need to find out is, what do i need to apply for to be able to stay with him in Namibia? Do i need a Visa? permanent residence permit? i have no clue. Please help. I'm still a student studying through the post so I cant work yet, but I really want to live with my fiance!

Thank you

Hello there,

Since you are currently in Pretoria the best thing would be for you to stop by the Namibian Embassy there. They will guide you as to what's the best solution for you.

If you were married then you would automatically get a visa approved on the basis of your husband's employment (accompanying spouse). I recently came across a case where a fiancee was denied extension of her visitor's visa even though her fiance's employment was current.
All efforts by her husband's employer were fruitless.

Having said that,you will find lots of inconsistencies with Home Affairs, they might deny one and grant another even where the circumstances are identical.

Nonetheless, I would check with the Namibian Embassy in Pretoria for the best advice.

Air Namibia is a great airline, I fly them all the time. I appreciate the fact that they have recently added many flights. Your fiance and several foreign pilots have made this possible. We do appreciate that so I do hope you and he will be very happy here.

Best regards,

Z