Best area to live in malta with family

Hi,

Me and my partner and children aged 1 and 4 are looking to move to malta. We are looking into where would be the best place on the island to bring up young kids in an expat area.

People have mentioned mellieha would be great, but for us it's too remote and isolated.

Would love to hear anyone's suggestions.

Thanks
X

We live in Marsascala with our daughter which I think you could say is quite an expat area with a very multi cultural much loved primary school. It has parks, a beach, plenty of green and seaside areas, a leisure center and we wouldn't have chosen to raise her anywhere else. It has all those elements that appeal about the more remote places but you're not really that far away so doesn't really feel isolated 😊

Jasminejack wrote:

Hi,

Me and my partner and children aged 1 and 4 are looking to move to malta. We are looking into where would be the best place on the island to bring up young kids in an expat area.

People have mentioned mellieha would be great, but for us it's too remote and isolated.

Would love to hear anyone's suggestions.

Thanks
X

How well do you know Malta, as nowhere is remote and Mellieha is definitely not isolated.

I go there 3 times a year, Ive only been to the north of the island, my family are originally from there and my aunt lives in sliema. I find mellieha too relaxed and on its own. Just wanted expats suggestions on where else would be great to bring 2 children up. X

Jasminejack wrote:

I go there 3 times a year, Ive only been to the north of the island, my family are originally from there and my aunt lives in sliema. I find mellieha too relaxed and on its own. Just wanted expats suggestions on where else would be great to bring 2 children up. X

A lot depends on where you intend working as traveling can be difficult.

Hi,

Got a question and a comment.

1. Where will you and/or your husband work?

1 . The rule in Malta is simple. 10 to 15 minutes from your workplace is ideal.

Cheers