New to the Forum

Although I have pretty much lived in Vietnam for the last 12 yrs I have not taken much interest in the ex-pat scene as have always been too busy. Now retired I have a little more time on my hands. Born in England the first 20yrs of my working life was spent as an auto-engineer beginning with Jaguar, moved on to engine development with Aston Martin and eventually ended up at Lotus. The last 22yrs I have mainly been working as a consultant on vintage cars, V8'S and rare high performance sports cars which has pretty much taken me all over the world. With luck my travelling days are over and I can say goodbye to long haul flights, crowded airports and airline food, some of which is entirely inedible. So, apart from looking after a few favourite clients I guess I'll end my days here. Do not like social functions, parties or over exuberant loud people, impoliteness, salesman and those annoying people that seem to think their sheer existence is worthy of respect without actually earning it. Interests centres around cars obviously and enjoy intelligent conversations as long as the topic isn't religion or politics.
That's just about it I reckon.

Yes, I think many expats in VN are similarly looking for a comfortable place to relax with a minimum of hassles and a focus on the pleasant aspects of living here.