New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Spain forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Spain if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

I am from the US and looking at several post retirement locations, and Spain is one of them. I would appreciate any information regarding the immigration process for a US citizen. My timeline is 3 years.

Hi I am hoping to buy a property around Estepona to retire to with my partner we are mid 60’s - I guess my thoughts are what type of property to buy, an Appartment, house, on a complex - we want to be close to the sea and restaurants and life in general. I worry I am building an unrealistic ideal into the reality of living there, there must be downsides ! We are not poor and not rich, just really tired after both working since we were teenagers. I guess I am looking for reassurance on this forum  that life is good, from people who have been brave enough to do it - we are hoping to be there within 6 months. If you have any advice on area, property type, pitfalls, I would be very grateful and buy you a beer when we finally get there !!

Hola ,soy de argentina y queria info de como comprar una propiedad en el pais vasco desde argentina y que tramites tengo que hacer para poder viajar una vez que adquiera la propiedad somos tres personas gracias

Fabian.  Please note this is an english language part of the forum

This is approximately your post:

“Hello, I am from Argentina and I want to know how to buy a property in the Basque country by a person from Argentina,  and what procedures do I have to do,  so that will not need to travel more than once I acquire the property”

Hola!
We are ex-pats living in Colombia to explore all that South America has to offer after living in Panama for over 3 years. Our next chapter of adventure will be Spain so we can travel and enjoy the European continent and more. Very happy to participate in this Spain forum.
Saludos!
John and Susan