New members of the Malaysia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Malaysia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Malaysia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi

Moved to Shah Alam, Bukit Jelutong and learning  to conveniently get around while I don't  drive.

Anyone around this area with the know how?

Hi,

Happy CNY. Moved to KL 6 months back with . Enjoying the beautiful city  :)

- Zubair

Hello

Do you happen to know Bukit Jelutong  area well?

I am wondering how to find the nearest LRT.

Hi everyone! Are there any Filipinos here? I'm from the Philippines 😊

Hello! My Wife and I are in the "process" to move to KL later this year. We are using Alter Domus to do the leg work and they have been great so far. We are in the system and our application in "Committee Review" So no real idea when this will be sorted. Currently living in the UK, but originally for the USA. We have also lived in Taiwan for 3 years, so living in Asia will not be a shock to the system.

Hi all
Me and my husband are moving over to Shah Alam in Malaysia in August near the help international school. We are looking for good places to live in the area, with a cat as well, and near transport routes.

Many thanks in advance

Hi all,
Good evening
Is this the right place to reply no idea because  am here working as part time helper . Am living in KL .
Actually I sign in here as part time helper 😂

Thanks

Hi guys
Will be moving to Selangor area in August when my husband takes up a teaching post. We have 2 active boys who will be 9 and 11.5yrs when we arrive.
We are currently in Oman where we have lived for 9yrs. We visited KL for a holiday 3yrs back and also visited Melaka and Johur.
Looking forward to the move but I have a million questions in my head......housing, driving, finances, transport, internet, all sorts.
I'll be asking lots of questions.
Thanks

Hi , I am Peter Martin, a retired pharmacist and clinic owner. Fell in love with the street vibe here 45 years ago, but moved here on the 28 Jan, Interestingly enough my birthday falls on the 28 th and my appartment is on the 28 floor.. All coincidental.
So selling in with help of old uni friend and family.
Looking to buy a car and finalize my mm2h.
Otherwise I will have to do visa runs.
Look forward to meeting a few people.
So much more to explore here than in Tasmania.
And the food options !

Hello

Lee & Gill Drury here, we just arrived in Kuala Lumpur.

We are British and have lived in Saudi Arabia and China, our son is 18 and is back home in the UK studying so it is just the 2 of us here. I will be working, however Gill will not and so is looking for social activities during the daytime.

We are planning to move into the Mont Kiara area, please feel free to get in touch.

Kind regards

Lee

Down load Grab .. Can pay by cash.. Very simple

Hi good evening dear sir and mam.
Good to know that u guys are moving to Malaysia.
Well it's beautiful country with natural beauty and if u r food lover u can enjoy here , many kinds of food .
I like to introduce my self as Laxmi, am from Nepal and living here since 7 years ago and am a part time helper if u are looking for someone to help you with your house chores please let me know.
Thank you

Hi laxhmi,
I am looking for a helper. Would you be available on a part time basis to help on cooking and cleaning the house?
Thank you
Bob

Hello sir ,
Yes my pleasure . Where do you stay and for which day you r looking helper for.
Weekdays or weekend

Thank you

Hi, I will be moving to Malaysia this March 2020. I will be working in Menara TM. I would like to ask for places you can suggest where I can stay for months or maybe a year. I don't need a fancy unit, just the one that is an affordable and comfortable place to stay.

I am a doctor from mumbai india. I am applying for MM2H visa .

I would like to connect with indans who are staying in malaysia on this visa

Hi, we are a family of six, our kids are aged between 4 and 11 years and we are planning to move from Germany to KL in August. Any other Germans or families with kids around here?! Greetings, Apfelmus

Hi,

Indonesian expat currently employed in Malaysia.
Family of a wife, 4 kids between 7yo - 0yo.
Hope i still be able to stay in Malaysia  :)

hi, im hadi from Indonesia. already been in malaysia on and off from college, and now im planning to set up a business here.
hope to have enlightment about setting up business here thank you

Hello All,

Edwin here from UK. Am planning to relocate to KL somewhere in August/September.

Would love to interact more with you guys here to get a better insight of this lovely city.

Hi, the nearst lrt station in Bukit Jelutong is Glenmarie 😊

hi bukit jelutong lrt will be ready by quarter 1 2024. anything i can help with?

Hi everyone,

I'm Rei, a local from Kuala Lumpur. Absolutely love our local food, was a realtor a few years dealing in KLCC area. Currently learning Japanese so would love to be able to converse and have exchanges.

I am fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese as well as the national language Bahasa Malaysia. Hoping to meet Expats for language exchange, cultural exchanges and ideology exchanges.

Hi all,
I have lived for four years in KL. I am from Germany,

I was already retired and my first choice to live in is KL. So far my life goes well in KL.

I just want to communicate and talk with anyone here, in timely manners and good attitude. I am open widely and hope you all are open too.
Good days even during the strictest MCO in Malaysia.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

To interact more with the Expat.com community, feel free to participate to recent threads on the Malaysia forum, if you have any piece of information to share.

You are the most welcome as well to create a new thread if you are seeking for insight on any kind of issue or situation you are encountering as an expat in Malaysia.

Lastly, I would advise all expats and future expats who are seeking basic information about living in/moving to Malaysia to refer to the Living in Malaysia guide.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hiii I am Sai recently came to Malaysia I also looking for good job friend

Hi Everyone Horestco Furniture welcomes u to our Beautiful country. If you are excited to furnish your home do contact me for beautiful Teak Wood Furniture.

Hi there,  Malaysian here married to an expat with a toddler. Currently working but I am open to meeting up with people, play groups, giving trip advices or a few pointers about local culture and Malay. I am based in KL.

I signed up here few years back but never really interacted here. So this year, my goal is to interact , help and maybe make new friends along the way

Hi Friends,

I am in the final stages of discussing an opportunity at Selangor. If the same clicks, I intend to move along with family as soon as the outcome is known and travel lines are opened. I am in this forum for information on life styles, cost of living, information on accommodation, schooling and making friends.

Cheers..

Andi

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your introduction.

If you have any questions to ask the community, I would advise you to create a new thread in the Malaysia forum.
They will be able to help you to find valuable information and they can also share their experience with you.

Thank you all,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi All,

Hope you are safe and doing good!

I'm from India and currently working in KL . As me and my husband are working it's very hard for us to look over our 1 year baby boy.

So, want to know if there is a chance to bring a relative of us from India to Malaysia to take care of our kid as we will be working.

She is far relative of us, her surname doesn't match with me or my husband. Which type of Visa should I get for her? Can I get her on DP? Please help me on this.

Regards :)

Hello everyone! I hope you are all safe and well!

I'm Malaysian and I just recently moved back to Kuala Lumpur from NYC. I studied in New York for 3.5 years and I am a qualified / professional musician, who specializes in classical harp performance and teaching beginners foundation / technique. I teach classical harp, piano and music theory lessons in Kuala Lumpur! You can check out my profile and send me a message for more information!

Hello

I am jill. I am 67 years old and I am planning to come to live in Malaysia (Penang) with my daughter, son in law and grandson when the borders open. They have a teaching contract for 3 years and we are hoping I can help with childcare as I do now in the UK. I will have to go on a visitors visa to start with until I get together the requisite funds to apply for the MM2H.

Any advice or experience that is relevant to all that would be so very welcome.

Thanks.

Jill

Hello everyone  and welcome among us

@FrancesKonomi, you can post ads  your music lessons in our Classifieds in Malaysia ;)

@Jill you can take a look at our Living in Malaysia Guide, I'm sure you will find some useful info :D

Wishing a lovely day to all of you !

Regards.

Loïc
Expat.com Team

Good morning Everyone, have a lovely day:)

Hi,
I have been in Malaysia for 5 years and recently moved to Ipoh for a new work project.  I do not know anyone in Ipoh, and looking for contacts.  Anyone from Ipoh?

Hi Francis from Philippines. Staying here in Malaysia for more than 1 year. I was terminated from my first employer, but I was able to find another job. However, my new employer is requesting for a release letter from the previous company but according to my previous employer, they don't provide such documents. Is there any other way of getting hired without the release letter or going back to my own country? Appreciate your help on this matter.

Hi Everyone! I'm not a new member but I realize I haven't had a chance to introduce myself.

I'm Elvira from Indonesia. I have been staying in Malaysia for 10 years now!

Would be happy to stay in touch with fellow expats :D

Nice to meet you all!

Hi

I'm Louis Ng from Malaysia. Nice meeting you all here.

Closed