New members of the Malaysia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Salam all,
I am Hemimi. Track and field coach. Trainer and former of Olympic and World champions.
Like so much Malaysia.  My daughter studied there. My two kids are studying in KL actually.
Plan to retire in Malaysia and to coach some talents to make them champions inshallah.

Hi all
I am Sandra, arrived here in KL with my husband of 35 years, this week, so in quaratine. I chose Malaysia due to the weather, people, food, attitude and all round quality of life. In exchange I hope to share my knowledge and experience as a teacher. I also hope to meet diverse people and learn about different cultures.

Hi
my name is Esther and I am still in Germany at the moment.
In autumn I will come with my family to KL.

Unfortunately we did not have the possibility for look-and-see because of Covid 19, so we will only be able to look for an apartment/house after arrival and quarantine.

I hope to find some information in this forum.

Hi all,
I am Rajashekar from Bangalore India. I Moved to Malaysia in May-2019. I live alone in Subang Jaya area. before moving to Malaysia I live in many countries (in Middle east, North America and Asia)
I love to travel and make new friends. I also like to attend gatherings and concerts.

Hi

hello

mm2h program is temporarily closed.  Govt is reviewing the program and will reopen for application, probably in a few months time.

Hi Apfelmus,
We are a family of six as well, we are Algerian  from Germany  living in KLCC.
Hope you could do your move safely to Malaysia.

Hi!

I'm not new in Malaysia, but new to this forum. I'm originally from Germany, but have been living and working in the Malaysian part of Borneo since 2008. Kuching is now my home and I live here with my husband, our 3 dogs and our cat (who is the boss in the house! ;-) ). I'm working for a local tour operator which specializes on arrangements of excursions and tours in Borneo and I love taking travellers on a tour to show them the beauty of Borneo.

The Covid-19 pandemic is tough on all of us and I'm hoping to get in contact with some like-minded people just to have casual chats. Sharing is caring, they say.

So if you love travelling too or want to share some experiences about your life in Malaysia please drop me a message!

Cheers!

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Hello All, just arrived from Singapore having been retrenched. Looking forward to being back in KL as it feels more like Asia. From UK originally but worked in around 12 countries. Part time Yoga teacher, mountain biker and just started baking bread. Living in KLCC area. Any yogis around here and would like to practice together more than welcome.

Hi everyone nice to meet u all, i'm Ivan from Kuala Lumpur. Being an expat before in many countries in the past I understand to get to know local friends and help is very important. Here is my core business if you need any help :

#short or long term accommodation (Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Malaca, Johor, Ipoh, Sabah)
#Coworking space for an individual at KLCC
#Expat part time job/trainee/internship
#Buy property advise

Take care and stay safe guys !

Hi All,  I'm not new to Malaysia but previously just fly in and out within 1 to 2 weeks. But, due to Covid - this is my longest stay here... 4 months and counting in Seremban (One of the best place to be for me). Look forward to sharing with this group

Hi everyone,
I moved to Penang a few years ago and planning on buying a place in KL. I'm from UK and work in Digital Talent and Street Theatre.

Also, if there are other UK expats out there, this book was just updated and might be useful: https://www.taxcafe.co.uk/taxplanningoffer.html

Hello everyone,

My name is Stoyan. I currently live in Vancouver, Canada and strongly considering to relocate to Malaysia and see what live is like there. I've never been but I hear a lot of great things about it.

I'd love to contact with anyone that is interested to exchange some experience and advice. 

Don't hesitate to send me an email.

Hi, I'm Zati Amalina from Malaysia. I'm a freelancer who works on a project basis. I am looking for connections interested in taking part in my project: Korean Children Speech Recognition. It is artificial intelligence to evaluate Korean Children Accent.
If you know anyone interested in this project, please note me. Besides, I would be pleased to make friends with others too.

Thank you!

Hi and welcome to KL you can ask here what you want to know about Malaysia I am living here for 10 years. May be I can share with you what about Malaysia.

Thanks

Hi every one I am moving to Malaysia from England very soon. My orign is from Pakistan I just want to know is Shah Alam is good area to move in.

where is your company based?
any kids follow follow?
shah alam have lots of property from type link-house to bunglow even high rise building.

send you a private message.

Hi I am moving to KL from London soon is Capsquare is good area to live in LL

Hi i'm Abby, a Malaysian who have been residing in Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur for more than 10years.  A Real Estate Negotiator attached with Asian Land Realty. I'm friendly, trustable and have a 'get it right' attitude. Therefore, if you are looking for a property for rent / buy / sell in Mont Kiara or nearby area do give me a buzz, no string attached. I will be more than happy to help or for just a friendly chat.

Capsquare is in the Kuala Lumpur city centre itself. Traffic is horrible during the peak hours but if your office is nearby then it should be ok.

Hi,
I'm not actually new here because I have been using this site to advertise my spare room. I just stumbled upon this forum and I thought I not. I'm a Malaysian and I work in intercultural learning environment. If you're an expat struggling to understand our strange culture, let me know.

Cheers.

jmelan wrote:

Hi,
I'm not actually new here because I have been using this site to advertise my spare room. I just stumbled upon this forum and I thought I not. I'm a Malaysian and I work in intercultural learning environment. If you're an expat struggling to understand our strange culture, let me know.

Cheers.

Hi, and welcome

You can advertise your room for free here
https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/malaysia/

Fred wrote:
jmelan wrote:

Hi,

Cheers.

Hi, and welcome

You can advertise your room for free here
https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/malaysia/

Thanks, Fred. I know that. As mentioned, I've been using this site to advertise my spare room. I'm new to the forum and was just introducing myself. Thank you for the trouble, though.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916018

Thanks!

Closed