New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Australia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Australia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello I am Mary Smith I am from United State. I have created this blog so that I can share my travel guides, travel & lifestyle tips. This is my small attempt & hope you guys like it .

Hello I am Stan. I have already been to Melbourne by the past, on a working holiday visa, for a year. Now I am currently living in Paris, France, and I would like this time to immigrate to Australia. The most challenging part today is to find the correct visa in order to settle to Melbourne, and even if your skills are wanted in Australia, it is hard to know the do's and don'ts.

I guess that's it for a quick introduction. Enjoy your day !

Jace from Canberra, Australia. I have been living here my entire life and I plan to travel all  of the county's hot spots and share it here.

Hi, My name is Patrick, I am a chartered accountant/lawyer and I have been living in Australia for almost 50 years.

Hi, My name is Joseph from Kenya, I am an administrative assistant with a diploma in business administration and I am interested in jobs in the same field and including accounting jobs too and in relocating to Melbourne, Australia.

Hello,
I am Samuel Danso from Ghana. Always had the interest to visit Australia someday at least to tour the beautiful places in the country. Any recommended places?
Thanks!

Hi my names are Sharon Oakhill am 58 years old i live all y life here in Australia i love my country .

I am Andy Offei from Africa, Ghana to be precise. My dream country i want to leave is Australia. Please would I get someone to help me out?

Good to hear, Australia is my dream country too

Hi my name is Mina I am Moroccan Australian I live in Melbourne with my husband and 2 children I am looking for friends from Melbourne
I work as a support worker

Hello ,
My name is Muhammad Zaid, i have moved to Perth for my masters studies , and currently started my studies at Edith Cowan University in Mechanical.

Perth is a very nice City with very nice people all around , the views are amazing , even tho i live in the northern suburbs of Perth its still a wonderful place to be in.

Thank you

Hello, I am Siska from Indonesia. I am planning to around Australia in near future. I love to share language knowledge ( Indonesian and Acehnese) and culture as well as wildlife conservation and any environment topic particularly in the Leuser Ecosystem, Sumatra.

Thank you.

Joseph from Nairobi, Kenya. I am a in love with peaceful, serene Australia country, loving people and rich culture and planning on moving to Brisbane.

Hi everyone,

Im Robyn from beautiful sunny Queensland, I am looking for a work from home job role in Administration or as a personal assistant, even as a on line Mail Assistant courier.
I have a great deal of experience within these areas and would be willing to work as many hours as possible to succeed well .
I have a friendly personality and love a challenge and are searching to find my new career.
please don't hesitate to contact me if I'm who you are searching for.

I am from Sydney

Iam Arafath from India .I'm planning to have  a opportunity to get a work visa permanently in Australia. But someone told me that that is a risky way to get there for a job. Especially if you're a fresher there were slightly probable chance to go there for work.i'm very disappointed to hear that pls someone help me to get an sponsorship permanently working jobs to settle in Aus☺.

Hi, i'm Hary from chennai, india. I want to move in australia. If any opportunity is there please reply me.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

For job-seekers among the lot of you, creating your CV in the Jobs in Australia section might help you get ahead.

Browsing through the articles of the Work in Australia section of the Living in Australia guide might also help. This guide also contains articles on other various themes such as accommodation, health care and banking, and reading it is a good starting point for anyone wanting to move to Australia.

For more specific advice on working/looking for work in Australia, I would encourage you to start new threads on the Australia forum so that other members can guide you with their invaluable sight.

Good luck to everyone and may your move be a successful one,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hello All,

I am Sana from India and looking to make my first entry to NSW post Visa grant( in dec 2019) .With the ongoing travel restrictions, wanted to understand if there are others like me who are wondering if the last date to arrive would get extended by the DIBP.
Appreciate responses!

Thank you!

Good morning all, Mercy Mosarwa is my name, i am so excited about planning to move to Australia even though i don't know where to start

Good morning!

My wife and I are semi-retired, and live in the state of Montana, in the USA.  We are just starting research into moving to Australia, probably around the area of Gold Coast.  I posted in the Visa section of the forum, but no responses yet.  Anyway, looking forward to learning more about your great country, and hopefully making the move in the near future.

Thanks!

Hello,

My name is Norman. Saw your posting. In brief I am canadian with Australian permanent residency. I've been in adelaide since july 2017. If you have any questions feel free to message me here or for faster response you can go to

Have a good one.

Peace
Norman

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not share any private details on the forum for your own security

Use this company, I used them and got my PR.

https://www.gomatilda.com/

Good luck,
Norman

Hi all

Im Mike, Englishman living in Canada, and im here looking for advice on my chances on getting to Aus.
Im 47 and a successful senior engineer/manager. Im hoping to find my last position and finish my career in Australia but am concerned im too old to emigrate on a work visa, so... whats my chances of finding a job in Aus and If i can find a job will I be much more likely to be able to head over or is it just not worth my bother and ive left it too late?!

Also if anyone has questions about Calgary and/or Canada id be happy to chat. I used this site when i moved to Canada in 2000 :)

Cheers

Hi

I'm norman. A calgarian who moved to Australia. Got my Australian residency when I was 42. The cut off is 50 so you have time. I used Go Mathilda, Google the name. They based in UK and Melbourne i believe. I came over as a skilled worker in teaching EFL. Arrived july 2017, finished third masters so now looking. Send me a shout if you have questions.

Best of luck,
Norman

If you are thinking of moving to Australia have a look at Brisbane.
Affordable and great lifestyle.
If you are looking to buy property listen to The Brisbane Property Podcast.

Thanks Norman!
Ill certainly look into them :)
You may be hearing from me with some questions along the way ;)

Hey Scott
Brisbane is also a great fit for my skill set so yes I was thinking of that as a destination. Nice to hear it recommended by someone who is already there :)
Thanks

Hello I am Steve. I have already been to Melbourne by the past on a working project till this moment. I am from Tonbridge kent, Uk. I am open minded and always look out for new adventure and culture.

Hi Everyone, my ex has properties under her name in HCMC in Vietnam , anyone know how I can find out , going through legals & she's denying to own any . In Australia is very easy to find out.

Hello isladlewis,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Could you please tell us more about you?  :)

Are you studying in Sydney?

Are you working or looking for a job?

I strongly recommend you to read the Living in Australia guide. You will find interesting information to help you in your move to Australia.

Should you have some specific questions you would like to ask our members, do not hesitate to create a new topic on the Australia forum.

Best luck,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

I live in Australia founded online law book store lawpointpk.com where law student or an attorney, or a practitioner purchase law books online.
Nice to conenct with you all.

Hello everyone,
My name is Peter, I'm Canadian 25 y.o, dwell in Perth since 2018.
Just graduate from Australian Professional Skills taking commercial cookery

Now Currently hold a graduate visa which will be expiring next year,
Can someone advise me what visa i could apply when my graduate visa expiring ??

Peter Pakboi wrote:

Hello everyone,

Congratulations, Peter.

You could try for a professional temporary visa, this used to be 457 and probably still is. You need a company to sponsor you, and they need to have a certain number of Australian employees to qualify.

If you are successful, you could ask them to sponsor a permanent residency visa for the same position.

A quick tip, if they are amenable, they can pay your visa fees and then deduct that amount from your salary. It's tax deductible for them, but afaik it's not deductible for the employee. I've done this as an employee and employer in my time. It's quite simple and typically you don't need an agent. There's just a lot of paperwork :(

Good luck!

Zig Zag Wanderer wrote:
Peter Pakboi wrote:

Hello everyone,

Congratulations, Peter.

You could try for a professional temporary visa, this used to be 457 and probably still is. You need a company to sponsor you, and they need to have a certain number of Australian employees to qualify.

If you are successful, you could ask them to sponsor a permanent residency visa for the same position.

A quick tip, if they are amenable, they can pay your visa fees and then deduct that amount from your salary. It's tax deductible for them, but afaik it's not deductible for the employee. I've done this as an employee and employer in my time. It's quite simple and typically you don't need an agent. There's just a lot of paperwork :(

Good luck!

Hey thanks for your reply,

The issue is my current employee not willing to sponsor me :(,
To apply by myself, im not sure about this coz one of my friends got refused on his application.
I've read some articles pandemic visa 408 which i can extent my stay here, it cost much cheaper if i compared to any other working visa :D. While, i might apply tss 482, but i need to fin employee who wants to sponsor me :(, kinda hard at this situation. Hopefully things get better soon

Impossible to find sponsorship in Australia. The situation will not get any better due to Covid-19.

Siska12f wrote:

Hello, I am Siska from Indonesia. I am planning to around Australia in near future. I love to share language knowledge ( Indonesian and Acehnese) and culture as well as wildlife conservation and any environment topic particularly in the Leuser Ecosystem, Sumatra.

Thank you.

Hi siska welcome to the forum,

I've been to Bali last year, what a great place!
Wish to visit Lombok after the pandemic finished!

stumpy wrote:

Impossible to find sponsorship in Australia. The situation will not get any better due to Covid-19.

Thankyou stumpy,
while im still thinking to apply partner visa , as my girlfriend is PR here

Hi, I'm Babbz Saini,

I have been to Brisbane in the past on a work and holiday visa for a year. Now I am currently living in Brisbane and this time I would like to immigrate to Australia. The hardest part these days is finding the right visa to settle in Brisbane, and while your skills are needed in Australia, it's hard to know what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Guess that's it for a quick introduction. Enjoy your day!

Thanks

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : No advertising on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Closed