Job change with Belgium RP

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen, currently working in Belgium on long term Work Permit. Currently my RP (single permit i.e. Work Authorization + Residence Permit) is valid till end of 2020.

Right now I have got an offer from another employer in Belgium. If I quit my current employer (who had processed my current work authorization) then they will ask me to travel back to India and then they will cancel my work authorization. In this case, even if my new Belgian employer might have applied for new work authorization but I will not have it before I travel back to India. With respect to this situation, can you please help with the following?
1. Will I be able to travel back to Belgium with my earlier RP (which is valid till end of 2020) even after my current employer cancels my Work Permit? Or as soon as my current employer cancels work authorization, my currently valid RP will also get invalidated and I cannot travel back to Belgium unless work authorization filed by new employer is approved?
2. If I am not in Belgium and my new employer processes my work authorization, then once that new work authorization is approved then do I need to again go through the visa stamping process in India? Or with the newly approved work authorization (from new employer) I will be able to travel back to Belgium using my current RP which is valid till end of 2020?
3. As I will be in India till the time I start with new employer, hence during this period there will not be any Belgium salary slip. Will that impact my Permanent Residence processing at the end of 5 years?

Thanks,
RJ

Dear,

This question has already been answered many times, I invite you to read the previous articles already published. You will find them using the search function via the magnifying glass to the right of your avatar.

Hi,

While reading the forums I found similar types of queries but not the exact same scenarios. If you do not mind, can you please share the links of the posting(s) which will answer all the 3 queries I had posted?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Anyone else who can give clear visibility on any / all of the 3 queries I had? Thanks in advance.

fantasy2019 wrote:

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen, currently working in Belgium on long term Work Permit. Currently my RP (single permit i.e. Work Authorization + Residence Permit) is valid till end of 2020.

Right now I have got an offer from another employer in Belgium. If I quit my current employer (who had processed my current work authorization) then they will ask me to travel back to India and then they will cancel my work authorization. In this case, even if my new Belgian employer might have applied for new work authorization but I will not have it before I travel back to India. With respect to this situation, can you please help with the following?
1. Will I be able to travel back to Belgium with my earlier RP (which is valid till end of 2020) even after my current employer cancels my Work Permit? Or as soon as my current employer cancels work authorization, my currently valid RP will also get invalidated and I cannot travel back to Belgium unless work authorization filed by new employer is approved?
2. If I am not in Belgium and my new employer processes my work authorization, then once that new work authorization is approved then do I need to again go through the visa stamping process in India? Or with the newly approved work authorization (from new employer) I will be able to travel back to Belgium using my current RP which is valid till end of 2020?
3. As I will be in India till the time I start with new employer, hence during this period there will not be any Belgium salary slip. Will that impact my Permanent Residence processing at the end of 5 years?

Thanks,
RJ

Replying to all your questions:

Answer is: If you have a valid Resident Permit even if you submit your Work Authorization to the current employer, you can travel back (carry your RP with you and should be valid until your return from India).

If you have RP no need for Visa Stamping

No problems, I should guess. You may inform your commune regarding your temporary absense from Belgium for 3 months showing your offer letter if you need to. Just remember do not de-register your RP and everything should fall in place.

You can enter into Belgium as long as your RP is valid. Immigration does not check whether the card has any Work Permit attached to it. I was in same situation and I had no issues.

Once you receive the approval for new work authorization, you need to go to your town hall (I believe you are not closing your rental house here) and recreate a new card based on the new Work Permit. You don't have to follow the Visa process again. I am not sure about the impact on permanent residency, I don't think it will impact.