Tax number - Yabanci vergi numarasi

After issuing a tax number and in between the time required to obtain a residence permit and a yabanci kimlik numarasi, can the tax number be of any use other than opening a bank account?
Would it suffice to apply for telephone/electricity connection, issuing a muzekart perhaps or anything else that normally only turkish citizens or registered residents can access?

Hi Japetus:

You will need your "vergi kimlik numarasi" to do any thing in Turkey....

So you should waitig for it....

regards

violet pink wrote:

Υou will need your "vergi kimlik numarasi" to do any thing in Turkey....

I'm guessing you mean Yabanci (and not vergi) kimlik numarasi...

In Turkey Yabanci kimlik numarasi ( personel ID / citizenship number ) and tax number is same number since 2008.

You can get your tax number ( vergi numarası ) from any tax office within 2 minutes. This number will be also used as your yabancı kimlik no ( Turkish personel ID / citizenship number )

turkeyturkey wrote:

In Turkey Yabanci kimlik numarasi ( personel ID / citizenship number ) and tax number is same number since 2008.

You can get your tax number ( vergi numarası ) from any tax office within 2 minutes. This number will be also used as your yabancı kimlik no ( Turkish personel ID / citizenship number )

I'm a bit confused. Isn't the Yabanci kimlik numarasi the one you get AFTER having succesfully applied for a residence card? And in order to apply for residency you have to issue first a Vergi numarasi?

i think, they are not same..
if already got "id no", it is also used for "tax no".
but, if someone has not got "id no" yet, has to apply for a "tax no" to manage banking transactions and etc until getting "id no". if no need any transactions, than no need for "tax no" too.

japetus wrote:
turkeyturkey wrote:

I'm a bit confused. Isn't the Yabanci kimlik numarasi the one you get AFTER having succesfully applied for a residence card? And in order to apply for residency you have to issue first a Vergi numarasi?

No confusing. As law in Turkey tax number and ID / citizenship number is same since 2008!
First you need to get your tax number to start for residence permit application. And aliens branch will assign your ID as your tax number automatically!

Before you make application, you need to show some money balance at account of a bank in Turkey.
To able to open a bank account, you need to give your tax number.

Briefly; Tax number obtaining > Bank account opening and deposit money ( 500 USD or TL for each month ) > Preparing other documents > Residence permit appointment online > Delivery documents on the day of your appointment > Obtaining residence permit within 2 weeks.

Turkey is the easiest country to take residence permit. Also Turkey is the fastest country to complete residence permit process. In Poland, Turkish citizens are waiting 2 years for completing their process. In Turkey max. 2 weeks you get it.

turkeyturkey wrote:

As law in Turkey tax number and ID / citizenship number is same since 2008!

What I don't get is that if this is true, then any frequent visitor or even a tourist to Turkey can go to a tax office and easily obtain a vergi numarasi, even by declaring a false address as this of a friend or the hotel he is staying.
Then he can use this number online as a kimlik numarasi to do everything that turkish citizens are only allowed, discounts, offers, bookings etc, without the need to officialy obtain a residence permit.

Turkish citizens has no a privilege about payments for products / services. We pay same as foreigners. Even foreigners pay less than Turkish citizens for hotel bookings, holiday packages etc.
Only difference for Turkish citizens can vote for elections. The rest are same.

Besides, Turkish goverment system will assign for you a TAX / ID number, your ID/ TAX number will be at standby status for citizenship from 3 to 5 years ( if you mary with a Turkish, 3 years later you will be TR citizen, if not than you need to wait 5 years ).
This mean that as soon as you get ID number, you will not be Turkish citizen, but with obtaining ID number first step completed to goes to citizenship!

All goverment offices in Turkey are online synchronous connected. Your actual ID status appear whereever you go.

If you let me about your current status, I can give you better information.