Spontaneous charity in Vietnam

Most people who travel a lot in Asia and developing countries can meet beggars, who are people of all ages children and  the elderly, etc.,
who live in (so-called) bad conditions, in these conditions, what a man from the west feels pathetic and filthy because his vision of (normal) life is quite different from the situation he faces in Asia.
     And someone who is a bit more empathetic would immediately run to help, and give them at least a dollar or two !?  Why not, it lifts the mood of local and make feel joy, and for a moment the world will become floral, well it is what they really need constantly.  But that doesn't make anyone happy.
     (By the way, Happiness is a lasting phenomenon and is not related to time and space, everything that exists in time and space has the beginning and the end, therefore temporary, like the man himself with his illusion.)
  And also it doesn't bring the expected peace, that which every single human being seeks from the external world,  without knowing that everything you are looking for already exists because you were born perfect.  Of course, people are not satisfied with their instant well-being, they want more and more because the human mind is never satisfied.  Then all kinds of organizations and charitable companies are created, but their goal is already higher, to find fame, attention and material affection.
and the original goal remains in the background,
  begins a merciless fight in the business market, which most of them will lead  to bankruptcy.
Well, what about the other half, who lives on the street and who gets goods.
They don't care where the donations come from, but knowing, that they are coming and they no longer have to worry about their life, everything will be fine from now. There is enough food, maybe clothes also will be given, so life looks flowered. And to them evolve new acquaintances and friends quickly, who also want free goods. Since they are still people who can't handle their lives, they just think about things like children, and logic is simple, why must work harder if you can get everything for free, thanks to all kinds of groupings. And they find other outputs to make his life fun, maybe alcohol, maybe drugs, 'cause there's no need to worry about food, it's free.
Those people become slaves of charities.
The life they came here to experience as a human being has completely failed. They did not learn to live their own lives but became poppies for these people and companies, who met their emotional needs over them, whose desires were not bad in themselves, but based on emotions and far from consciousness decision-making ability.  No charitable organization in the world has achieved its indigenous purpose, but all have exclusively served their own interests of fame and greed of power.
  and I'm pretty sure no single charity will last as long as this beggar lives, who begs in the street.
   And it is certain that demand will not disappear before supply disappears.
    A beggar stays in the street as long as there are people who are unaware of their actions.
  the Buddhist quote:/ do not worry about the lives of others, let these people worry themselves,
  who have come into this world to being human.
      The person who was thrown into the street has the opportunity to experience and learn to live outside the comfort zone to find themselves and is more likely to happen much faster than an ordinary citizen does, who even in retirement has not understood their actual existence and what they really lived for. 
In most cases, those people on the street have chosen this path consciously or unknowingly, and they have to go through pain and suffering to find a way to live.
  In fact, no one is able to change the life of others, but the only one, who can change it, is the person himself. Change your attitude towards yourself and you will see how the world around you changes

ok

Nice rant!

:dumbom:

Yeah.......Whatever

Wadey

foralex wrote:

Change your attitude towards yourself and you will see how the world around you changes.

Yes, this is true. People with a positive attitude and self-image are generally happier and more successful than those who complain and blame and judge others.

Giving up the struggle for happiness and appreciating what you've got and accepting who you are is recommended by everybody.

If there are problems, focus on the solution.

foralex wrote:

Most people who travel a lot in Asia and developing countries can meet beggars, who are people of all ages children and  the elderly, etc.,
who live in (so-called) bad conditions, in these conditions, what a man from the west feels pathetic and filthy because his vision of (normal) life is quite different from the situation he faces in Asia.
     And someone who is a bit more empathetic would immediately run to help, and give them at least a dollar or two !?  Why not, it lifts the mood of local and make feel joy, and for a moment the world will become floral, well it is what they really need constantly.  But that doesn't make anyone happy.
     (By the way, Happiness is a lasting phenomenon and is not related to time and space, everything that exists in time and space has the beginning and the end, therefore temporary, like the man himself with his illusion.)
  And also it doesn't bring the expected peace, that which every single human being seeks from the external world,  without knowing that everything you are looking for already exists because you were born perfect.  Of course, people are not satisfied with their instant well-being, they want more and more because the human mind is never satisfied.  Then all kinds of organizations and charitable companies are created, but their goal is already higher, to find fame, attention and material affection.
and the original goal remains in the background,
  begins a merciless fight in the business market, which most of them will lead  to bankruptcy.
Well, what about the other half, who lives on the street and who gets goods.
They don't care where the donations come from, but knowing, that they are coming and they no longer have to worry about their life, everything will be fine from now. There is enough food, maybe clothes also will be given, so life looks flowered. And to them evolve new acquaintances and friends quickly, who also want free goods. Since they are still people who can't handle their lives, they just think about things like children, and logic is simple, why must work harder if you can get everything for free, thanks to all kinds of groupings. And they find other outputs to make his life fun, maybe alcohol, maybe drugs, 'cause there's no need to worry about food, it's free.
Those people become slaves of charities.
The life they came here to experience as a human being has completely failed. They did not learn to live their own lives but became poppies for these people and companies, who met their emotional needs over them, whose desires were not bad in themselves, but based on emotions and far from consciousness decision-making ability.  No charitable organization in the world has achieved its indigenous purpose, but all have exclusively served their own interests of fame and greed of power.
  and I'm pretty sure no single charity will last as long as this beggar lives, who begs in the street.
   And it is certain that demand will not disappear before supply disappears.
    A beggar stays in the street as long as there are people who are unaware of their actions.
  the Buddhist quote:/ do not worry about the lives of others, let these people worry themselves,
  who have come into this world to being human.
      The person who was thrown into the street has the opportunity to experience and learn to live outside the comfort zone to find themselves and is more likely to happen much faster than an ordinary citizen does, who even in retirement has not understood their actual existence and what they really lived for. 
In most cases, those people on the street have chosen this path consciously or unknowingly, and they have to go through pain and suffering to find a way to live.
  In fact, no one is able to change the life of others, but the only one, who can change it, is the person himself. Change your attitude towards yourself and you will see how the world around you changes

We have awaited your coming for so long, Messiah...

foralex wrote:

Change your attitude towards yourself and you will see how the world around you changes

I tried every day.

I ride the motorbike and think life is beautiful. I am in early retirement and can enjoy life surrounded by carefree Vietnamese.
Then a brainless idiot cuts me off so that I can barely avoid a fall.
And already my optimized attitude is at the ass.

Since this (and other situations) happens to me daily I have given up the thought to overlook the idiots with changed attitude.

The whole is not only valid for Vietnam, of course.

The Case against Charity

foralex wrote:

...Well, what about the other half, who lives on the street and who gets goods.
They don't care where the donations come from, but knowing, that they are coming and they no longer have to worry about their life, everything will be fine from now. ... Those people become slaves of charities.

The Case for Charity

Yesterday Saturday from the 24th floor I saw red clothing in the street, Pham Hung, a main artery road to Saigon from the southern provinces. Strange, I reached for binoculars.  There was a man in red inside the clothing, crawling across a side street so slowly I hadn't noticed movement. Barefoot, hands wearing a pair of flip-flops and a book of lottery tickets. For ten minutes I watched him, invisible to most everybody, but 3 people stopped and bought tickets. Two also tipped him.

Were those 3 being charitable? I think so, additionally perhaps they were feeling lucky about buying a lottery ticket just then. They were giving in a manner that did not rob the poor man of dignity. Did the man feel like he was receiving charity? I doubt it, I imagine him feeling he was receiving commission for selling a product, and working very hard to do so. I hope he was feeling some satisfaction.

Charity is natural

Mankind has honored charity since the beginning. Not every individual is able to provide, not everyone is generous. A few take advantage. Whatever.  I feel sorry for people who feel the world is mostly corrupt.

Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my time to make yourself feel better about yourself, if possible.