IQAMA Process

Dear all,
Greetings of the day.!

Can any of you tell me whats the difference between Permanent Iqama and Temporary Iqama ?

How this differs  from each other with regards to sponsorship transfer ?

Thanx in advance.

There is no such thing as a temporary Iqama.  When you enter the Kingdom for the first time, your sponsor has 3 months to issue an Iqama for you.  So while that is in process, sometimes, the sponsor gives a letter to you stating this, which you use to rent accommodation etc.   Maybe that is what they are referring to when they say temporary Iqama.  But legally speaking, there is NO such thing.

If the sponsor doesn't issue an Iqama within 3 months, you can transfer to another sponsor without their approval.   On an Iqama, you need their approval for a transfer in the majority of the cases minus a few.

Thank you once again for your reply Xtang.

Also can you please clarify that whether change of profession still allowed in KSA. As per this forum discussion it was early said that profession change in iqama is stopped.

I understand the procedure of the profession change as i have given enough time in studying the various queries in this forum.

I am an engineer on an labour visa , please let me know if profession change in iqama is still happening in 2019.?

Thank you in Anticipation .

Dear Waseem,
As far as profession changed from labor profession to any professional category is easily change as per your degrees and job title.
But professions that already registered online like accountant, engineers or doctors etc unable to change to labor or to any other professions.
If your title is engineer and you already changed from labor to engineer then from engineer to labor is prohibited.

Dear aamirnajam.
Thank you for your answer.

So you mean to say that profession change is still happening except for the reserved categories .

My Visa Category is ' Workshop work ' ( عمل ورشة) can it be changed  atleast to a profession by which i can bring my family in future .

YES IT COULD BE CHANGE EASILY.