Understanding the Georgia weather...

Hello all, I'm new to the forum but I figured that I should help contribute something to those looking to travel. Feel free to ask me any question.

Georgia is a VERY humid state. Those who have lived in the desert have come to Georgia bragging of their feats in the 100F sun, only to spend their whole time indoors sweating and complaining about the same weather they were down trotting only minutes before.

The weather in Georgia comes in four distinct categories: Spring, Summer, August, and Winter. The Spring season runs normally from late March to the end of May. This season is categorized my major amounts of rain and temperatures ranging from 60F-75F (15.5C-24C. These rains will come fast, lasting anywhere from an hour to a couple of days, then ending with a nice day or two of shining sun to help dry the ground and put the overall feeling of being in a sauna in the atmosphere.

After spring comes "summertime" (as we call it here). Summertime runs from mid May until early August and is generally characterized by temperatures of 90F+ (32.2C) with very high humidity. Rain comes weekly and with very short notice. In most places in the United States, folks are out playing baseball in the nice sunshine, but in Georgia you will find yourself working through the early morning, using the hours from noon to 3pm for the cooler indoors work. It's not uncommon to climb into your automobile where temperatures are soaring over 100F (37C)!

In most places, August is a month. But in Georgia, August is a state of climate. "August" runs from the first few days of the month into the first couple of weeks of September. Temperatures seldom drop below 95F (35c), reaching 100F-107F (37c-41c) on a daily basis. Humidity is stupidly high and expect temperatures to stay wet and nasty into the night. Sleeping with the window open is very risky, as you not only will sweat in your sleep, but risk letting many of Georgia's native mosquitoes into your home. Those living on Georgia's coastline may experience a bit of a sea breeze, but overall it can be plain unbearable for those not accustomed to living in a tropical, inland environment. Expect to spend most of your August time indoors; a car with air conditioning is a necessity if you don't plan on "sweating up" your clothes on the way to the grocery.

Finally, we come to winter in Georgia. Winter runs from November to mid March. This is most likely the worst time to visit Georgia (in an aesthetic sense). The temperature can variate from 30F (0C) to 70F (23C) in as little as one night. Expect heavy rain at least three times a week and little sunshine. Very rarely does it snow in Georgia, with those places seeing snow only being in the far North Georgia mountains that surround the TAG line (the area where Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia meet to a point). Most of Georgia is not a very pretty place in the winter time, so don't expect much when traveling here, especially in the beginning of the year.

Overall, Georgia is a semi-tropic state, characterized by hot summers and muggy, nasty winters. Fall is little to nonexistent and spring may be hard to understand to someone not accustomed to living in the deep south.

I hope this [little] article helped you. Come and see Georgia sometime!

Thanks Lusos for this nice article :)

Do not hesitate to share your experience with us, we really appreciate!

Nice article! Keep em coming!