Do you know any Furniture Repair/Custom Manufacturing people?

I need to repair some furniture & order to make few custom items..

But the PROBLEM is all these guys I found until now
wants only big job, like "whole house furniture manufacturing" etc.

Otherwise they are saying "I am busy with bigger jobs"
They think that it is a small job, and they don't want to come for that.

I am at District 7, HCMC,
Does anybody have any recommendation who can do small job as well?

Nobody knows?

If it is wood furniture, try a local woodshop. ( Usually you see large amounts of giant chairs made of handcraft wood )... Often in some parks they set up large tents.

Upholstery furniture is going to be a lot more rare ( Humidity + Upholstery = Trouble ).... Ive seen a few shops around D5, but that was very long ago, and i highly doubt i would be able to find my way back to that location, let along be able to point someone to that area ( Sorry!, its the best i could do ).

Have you not tried asking the local vietnamese? That is how they advertise ( word of mouth ).

If you don't have a Viet to communicate for you then you will find it difficult to get anyone to even consider your small job.  It's just not worth their time when they have to try to figure out exactly what you want.  Also, foreigners tend to have "higher expectations" than locals for things like this and they can fear that they will do your work and it won't be to your satisfaction and you won't want to pay.

SteinNebraska wrote:

If you don't have a Viet to communicate for you then you will find it difficult to get anyone to even consider your small job.  It's just not worth their time when they have to try to figure out exactly what you want.

Actually communication in Vietnamese is not a problem hence I have chance for translation help easily..
My expectation is not high also..

My main need is  a Name/Address/Phone of a guy who is willing to make some custom wooden furniture, and repair service..

Looks like you are not getting any referrals. Let me offer plan b's.

1. There is a street in Q10 (yeah there is always "a street" for specialty stuff!) called Bà Hạt off of Ngô Gia Tự that has antique furniture, tiny lumber stores, and wood shops. And Ngô Gia Tự is a big furniture store street. Ask around.

2. Get your Vietnamese friend to google search and google map search for furniture repair, custom furniture, etc.  I tried a couple translations and failed, doh.

3. Post question on Facebook expat group

4. And for custom furniture, you didn't say what you need. I can't help with stuff like chairs and sofas, but there are lots of companies that will build custom cabinetry, wardrobes, built in stuff. You can find them through kitchen cabinet shops. There is one in Q7 we talked to on Nguyễn Thị Thập near the corner of Nguyen Van Linh, but others on NVL near Phu My Hung.

5. There is a home expo called Vietbuild that runs 4x a year. It has dealers for home building like tile, plumbing, construction products, and cabinet product companies, like An Cường, that may refer you to installers. There are also cool exotic wood slab table dealers. We went in Sept to the convention center in Q7. The next show is either in Nov or Dec depending on which website you believe:

Vietbuild
SECC calendar of conventions

If you find a place let us know please!

I can help, check ur p/ms

Hi !
We can help you if still in needed!
Cheers