Tap water filter

Do you have any recommendation and where to buy Tap Water filter in HCMC?

Du you want drink the tap water?

The Mega Market sell filter and on Lazada you can order hundreds of filters.

I don't know what the quality is like, because I bought a German reverse osmosis plant (for placement under the sink) from Lazada.

If you want drink the tap water maybe you are interested to reverse osmosis systems. Then you don't should buy an osmosis plant that has up to 8 stages and a storage tank.
3 pre-filter and one membrane are sufficient.
If you have a storage tank and more than 3 pre-filters you have just more parts in which germs can form.
You should buy a RO-5 Direct Flow (without storage tank) unit.
This means Reverse Osmosis with 3 pre-filters, one membrane and one post-filter. You should choose a system with a booster pump, because the water pressure in Vietnam can be too low and fluctuates.

Thanks for your answer. I just want to be able to wash fruits and vegetables, brush my teeth, not drinking. What is better for these purposes?

Overkill.
Wash your vegetables in salt water like my wife.
Otherwise I used the water to brush teeth, etc.
Even drank it without dying, though that may shock many of you.

We have been washing vegetables in tap water, wash dishes in cold kitchen water, brush teeth with no problems.  If you aren't drinking it, I wouldn't sweat it.

If you live in a rented apartment, many houses have a filter system installed like this one in the link.
Whole House Filter

If you have one, you don't need anything else.
There are also smaller filters with filter cartridges which you can order on Lazada.
Small Whole House Filter

I don't know anything about the small filters that you can connect to the tap (also available on Lazada).
Tap water Filter

A reverse osmosis system filters everything out. However, affordable systems do not provide the amount of water you need for the household.

I have always used the tab water for brush teeth, wash food, etc. in the past when we lived in rental apartments.
But some Expats are worried about using the tap water.

Kerensharon wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I just want to be able to wash fruits and vegetables, brush my teeth, not drinking. What is better for these purposes?

If you are going to cook your veggies, no precautions needed. Rinse with tap water first.

I let veggies and fruits for eating raw air dry after rinsing.

No problems for me and I have a somewhat sensitive stomach.

However, to be very safe you can clean veggies and fruits for use raw in plain tapwater, then dip/rinse in a solution of 1 part white vinegar to 2 parts tap water.

I've learned to brush my teeth without needing to wet the toothbrush.

Saliva forms almost immediately and by the time you finish brushing the diluted paste will be just as runny and easy to expectorate.

However, there are various flavors of Listerine readily available here (I prefer the Green Tea variety) and you can either moisten your mouth before brushing, or moisten your toothbrush before adding toothpaste.

Purified bottled water is relatively cheap here.

I buy the big jugs (6 liters?) of Aquafina for about the equivalent of a US Dollar.

Good excercise carrying two home from the local Tap Hoa (grocery/general store) even though I know delivery can easily be arranged.

Enjoy your showers... 😉

Thanks for your useful answer. Much appreciate 👍

If you really want to play it safe then buy jugs of bottle water to use for washing.  There's no guarantee but it definitely better than the tap.

Down in Tra Vinh i used the jugs of water for washing vegetables, the dishes, and brushing.  But then again, down in Tra Vinh, the tap water was visibly milky, with orange sediments.  In HCM i use the tap water.

Out of curiosity, I bought those cheap water testers.  The HCM tap water showed no abnormality.  The Tra Vinh tap water was very hard but nothing in the danger zone.

videriant wrote:

If you really want to play it safe then buy jugs of bottle water to use for washing.  There's no guarantee but it definitely better than the tap.

Down in Tra Vinh i used the jugs of water for washing vegetables, the dishes, and brushing.  But then again, down in Tra Vinh, the tap water was visibly milky, with orange sediments.  In HCM i use the tap water.

Out of curiosity, I bought those cheap water testers.  The HCM tap water showed no abnormality.  The Tra Vinh tap water was very hard but nothing in the danger zone.

What cheap water tester? A TDS meter?
What do you mean by abnormal and danger zone (measure values, unit)?

"The water that reaches the City of Ho Chi Minh City has been found to contain high levels of pesticides and contaminants. The tap water can also contain radioactive elements. "

"The water has a high level of E. Coli, ammonia, and arsenic that can affect your health on a different level."

Filters are ineffective against that.

And osmosis water every day is not good for health, too pure, the body needs minerals.

Erikji wrote:

"The water that reaches the City of Ho Chi Minh City has been found to contain high levels of pesticides and contaminants. The tap water can also contain radioactive elements. "

"The water has a high level of E. Coli, ammonia, and arsenic that can affect your health on a different level."

Filters are ineffective against that.

And osmosis water every day is not good for health, too pure, the body needs minerals.

So drink what?

I use a filter from MegaMarket with three filters and a UV for sterilization.  Mounted beside the kitchen sink for convenience.  Comes with a little device to fill your drinking glass easily, and a spot where you can connect a standard faucet for larger quantities of water for cooking, coffee making, etc.  Unfiltered water here has small particles of sand(?) that I fear may clog my drip coffee maker, so I filter the water.

Travelfar wrote:

I use a filter from MegaMarket with three filters and a UV for sterilization.  Mounted beside the kitchen sink for convenience.  Comes with a little device to fill your drinking glass easily, and a spot where you can connect a standard faucet for larger quantities of water for cooking, coffee making, etc.  Unfiltered water here has small particles of sand(?) that I fear may clog my drip coffee maker, so I filter the water.

Yep I was just asking if not filter then drink what? I have 5 stage filter for water and coffee machine.

ALL the water here in bottles is filtered water, some are low quality and one supplier of 20l bottles for home use was found to be using very low grade water with next to no treatment, so I trust the 5 stage filter I have that I change out the filters every 3 months.

There was a USA survey done on water quality here in HCMC and the only water that passed the test was one that they said was hospital grade.

The rest failed.