Tax Clarence Issue

Hi everyone!

I was working with a company from an year and recently changed to another company.

I went to LHDN to clear tax, after 2 months I  received letter from LHDN that my tax is cleared and refund will be processed soon.

However, after 1 month I got an email from LHDN saying my Bank MAYBANK have rejected the tax amount to my account.

I contacted both LHDN and MAYBANK, both said not our mistake check viceversa. I'm stuck now and my tax amount RM 4000 is no where.

Have any one faced this issue? Please help me how to get my amount.

Thank you.

Can anyone help!

Please!

I think you should go to the counter .
You can ask more details about your situation

Sorry to ask this, but why would any bank reject a tax refund from LHDN? Surely the bank has no say in the matter, it would just accept the incoming funds and would only question the transfer if there was a mistake such as the name mentioned on the transfer was not exactly the same as the name on the account or if there was a mistake in the account number etc? Has Maybank acknowledged that the attempted transfer occurred?

I would head back to LHDN and check that your personal bank details, name and account number do not have any mistakes. But get more information from your bank first about whether or not there was an attempt by LHDN to make a transfer.

Do you have any documents or evidence that support both LHDN and Maybank's claim? If yes then it should be more easier to deal with (at least you know who is telling what?)

This happened to me as well.

Turns out that LHDN has three options for identifying the receiver: IC number, Business registration number, or Army/Police number. None of which would be applicable in your situation as a foreigner.

I suspect they have used your passport number and submitted it as business registration number - which will cause your bank to reject the transfer. Instead, you need to ask LHDN to submit your passport number as IC.

Hope this helps.

Hi

If you have changed your passport ( change in passport number and if you have not updated in IRBM) the refund will be rejected by the bank(not by IRBM). You could ask for cheque or update the passport number in the bank and ask IRBM to resend the payment.

This worked for one of my friend who had the issue because he changed his passport.

Hope this helps

Regards
Uday

Sure, thank you for the information.

May I just ask, have you received your tax refund after you went to LHDN and gave your passport number.?

Hi,

My Passport number isn't changed. It's same with bank and LHDN.

I will walk to LHDN office and see what they have to say.

Thanks for your help!

Hi

In our case we could not update the passport number in bank account because the visa was expired and person was out of country. So the IRBM issued the cheque for refund amount.
If you are within the country, you could change the passport number in bank and request the IRBM re initiate the process  or request for the cheque . Their customer care is efficient and very quickly they respond

Best

Uday