Resident stamp

I need to know where i make contact to get my passport stamp renewed I have been out of country over 15 years so need a new one.
I previously lived in England twice for a total of 17 years. I have an nhs number and close family in the area. Wife is originally from Wakefield
Retired from usaf in 87 so can use military facilities if needed.
We think Sheffield is a good fit for us and look forward to exploring the area, we will be hoping to get there in November. Any help and advice would be great.
Thanks
Robert Baker

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm afraid it's not a case of renewing your old visa; assuming your wife has retained her UK passport, you will need to reapply for a family visa;  details of what you need to do are contained in the UK Gov website; this link will take you there.

There aren't that many (6?) active-duty US military bases left in the UK any more; whether any offer retired military benefits I don't know, but if it's important to you, then it's worthwhile contacting them before you make the move; there are none in Sheffield.

If you have any further specific questions, then please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Yes my wife is a uk citizen I am thinking that with the brexit turmoil it will be easier by the time I get there  (probably late nov) the dust will have settled and they will have a clear idea as to what they are doing. To get biometrics done here is not easy and there is no place close to get it done. It would be easier to go to London for it. Just looking at my options. Thanks for the info.
Skunkrat

I know about the military bases and requirements to use them. So far it seems the best way to get my new resident stamp is after I am in country. I will have access to the legle people I will need to help me  as well as access to biometric facilities.
Thanks for the advice.
Skunkrat