Salary inquiry in Malta

Hi everyone,

I had several interviews with PwC in Malta for an associate position. Could you please give me some indications on what would be a salary to live a good life in Malta? (i have never been there)

I would appreciate any help :)

Thank you.

Last November, JobsPlus, the national entity that regulates employment here in Malta, published an Occupational Handbook, which is a source of information related to 246 occupations found in the Maltese labour market.
There you will find job descriptions and mean salaries for 246 occupations that cover more than 90% of the labour force. Hopefully, your position is listed in this handbook.
You may find the handbook here: https://jobsplus.gov.mt/job-seekers-mt- … dbook-2018

The question was what is a good income to live on :) Not what is the income scales for certain jobs. A job might pay too little to live on.

This guide lists a "Managing Director and Chief Executive" as earning median pay of 30k, which is both bs and not enough to live a good life on for someone in that position.  Data very skewed by many small companies who have CEOs.

wanderlust_18 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I had several interviews with PwC in Malta for an associate position. Could you please give me some indications on what would be a salary to live a good life in Malta? (i have never been there)

I would appreciate any help :)

Thank you.

As you are living and working in the Netherlands just expect 50% less pay for the postion you have in the Netherlands. However, if the position being offered to you is a chance for promotion it is worthwhile to have a look into it. In order to have a general idea of the Maltese labour market just compare the minimum wage of the Netherlands with the minimum wage of little Malta. This gives you a general idea about the country. Malta minimum is €4.24 per hour, Netherlands is €9.33 per hour