Meeting people in a new city

I have recently moved to Chicago for a new job, and was wondering how everyone managed to meet people and make friends? I enjoy spending time with people at my new office, but it seems like everyone there has a long term partner or a group of friends to hang out with on evenings and weekends....

One person I spoke to suggested I look into moving into a co-living space, both as an opportunity to meet people and to network. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Hello

I am from Toronto Canada and I will be arriving Atlanta, GA on Saturday afternoon, September 7th and I am just wondering if you would like to hang out with me during the weekends.  Jay

Melissa_93 wrote:

One person I spoke to suggested I look into moving into a co-living space, both as an opportunity to meet people and to network. Does anyone have any experience with this?

This will certainly let you meet people, but you might not like who you meet, and it will be harder to extricate yourself.

I go to school, which is a wonderful way to meet a variety of people and get away from them if need be.

hii
how r u

Go to bars concert, events

First of all, you are new to Chicago. So just chill and try to explore Chicago. As time passes you will definitely get a friend either in your neighborhood or in your office.

Co-living is a great idea and it can help cut on your costs too. Find a nice person to live with and you'll have a lot of fun, meet new people, and go out as often as you like.

Hello everyone,

You could also organize an Expat.com gathering in a bar.
Maybe not the best time right now but once everything is back to normal, the Expat.com event team will be happy to assist :)

Helene
Event Manager