Help me topic...

Hey folks forgive me but I haven't figured out to post in this forum. I just signed up today so can someone be kind and tell what to do?

I am trying to post my picture but cannot take down that silly emoji

If you're using a laptop or tablet:  Click on "Introduction".  The emoji will move to the left and slightly down from its present location, with an incon of the camera in the middle of the circle.  Click on the circle.  Three options will appear:  "Upload picture", "Select an avatar", and "Delete avatar". 

Follow the prompt after that.

I'm not certain whether the  procedure is the same on cell phone.

I do not see the instruction anywheere. Yes, I am a laptop, but this should not be this difficult.

I meant "introduction". I am still looking for it. Yikes!

Try clicking on your profile picture in the upper right hand corner and a menu should open. Near the bottom  you will see "personal details". Click on that. Then, your avatar/profile pic will be at the top on the left. click on that and you will see the options Ciambella mentioned.

Edited:

Disregard what I wrote.

John Ross gave you the right answer

johnross23 wrote:

Try clicking on your profile picture in the upper right hand corner and a menu should open. Near the bottom  you will see "personal details". Click on that. Then, your avatar/profile pic will be at the top on the left. click on that and you will see the options Ciambella mentioned.

Well, even I was able to follow those instructions.  I no longer have a stick figure!

SteinNebraska wrote:
johnross23 wrote:

Well, even I was able to follow those instructions.  I no longer have a stick figure!

Great photo! 😎👍

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Great photo! 😎👍

Certainly is.  Such a beautiful wife. Such a happy husband.  Next time, we simply post that photo on one of those annoying threads about marriage and watch the debate abruptly end.

I did click on my foto in the upper right hand corner and nothing popped up about personalization. This is frustrating folks.

edwardcrobinson wrote:

I did click on my foto in the upper right hand corner and nothing popped up about personalization. This is frustrating folks.

There's another image next to that: an icon of a troll.

Click on that.

I have done this 20 times and I see nothing that says personalize anything.

HEY EVERYONE IF FIGURED IT OUT! Thank you all so much.

edwardcrobinson wrote:

I have done this 20 times and I see nothing that says personalize anything.

HEY EVERYONE IF FIGURED IT OUT! Thank you all so much.

Twenty-first time is the charm.

I never finished my introduction the other so I've some time now so here goes. I am originally from San Diego, CA and since college graduation have lived in 11 countries and traveled to much more. As a professional educator and basketball coach any summer could find me in numerous countries. I would spend your heads if I gave you itinerary. I have wanted to return to Vietnam for years and now I am back. I am the National coach but I do a lot of speaking internationally but Hoi Am is going to home for awhile. I have a book coming out in December, then next February, and final one next April. All on international travel and living abroad for 33 years. Thats about it. I look forward to chating with you all and I am sure we will meet. This area is very small. Thats again for helping me out.

I am from Ocean Beach, CA in S Diego, would this be the place you are from?

edwardcrobinson wrote:

If you want to ask Ocean Beach a question, you need to click on "Quote" under his postt (whichever post that triggered your desire to talk to him). 

After his entire post is copied in the "Post a reply" window, you can trim it down to just the essential part or leave it intact.  Then  you type your comment underneath it.

If you don't use the "Quote" function, no one would know to whom your comment is addressed.

edwardcrobinson wrote:

Yes.

😎👍

Ciambella wrote:
edwardcrobinson wrote:

If you want to ask Ocean Beach a question, you need to click on "Quote" under his postt (whichever post that triggered your desire to talk to him). 

After his entire post is copied in the "Post a reply" window, you can trim it down to just the essential part or leave it intact.  Then  you type your comment underneath it.

If you don't use the "Quote" function, no one would know to whom your comment is addressed.

I think that's a help topic that deserves its own thread...

😁

edwardcrobinson wrote:

Thats about it.

I would say that is quite a bit.  Did I understand you properly that you are the coach of the Vietnamese national basketball team?   You said you will be based in Hoi Am (sic) but where is the team based?  I expect people should be able to recognize you on the TV now that you have your photo straightened out.

Ciambella wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Great photo! 😎👍

Certainly is.  Such a beautiful wife. Such a happy husband.  Next time, we simply post that photo on one of those annoying threads about marriage and watch the debate abruptly end.

Thanks Ciambella.  I tell her every day that I'm very lucky.  I always wanted to start a thread where those of us that are married just post a pic of themselves but I feared that thread could somehow degenerate pretty fast or maybe people would be scared to put a face with a name.

I don't think many will post photos, but it's a great idea.  How about a thread on the happy marriages, photo optional, face blurring app allowed? 

And please, keep saying to your wife you're a lucky man by marrying her.  I cannot tell you enough how important for a woman to hear that from her husband, and the more often the merrier.

The headquarters for Vietnam basket is HCMC, but team only trains for two months in HCMC. I will be mostly traveling the country working with youth and young adults.

I will be doing most of my work around the Danang area. I am enjoying each day up here in the North. I am allergic to traffic and thats what we don't have up here love it. Signing off for awhile. Doing some traveling

edwardcrobinson wrote:

I will be doing most of my work around the Danang area. I am enjoying each day up here in the North. I am allergic to traffic and thats what we don't have up here love it. Signing off for awhile. Doing some traveling

Do you already have an active blog?

If so, you can start one here.

I'd be interested to read about your experiences.

Great OceanBeach,

As educated as I am I am as ignorant as anyone about bloggling. Can you help me out on this? I have had several ask me to go this route but I have no clue. NO CLUE!

edwardcrobinson wrote:

Great OceanBeach,

As educated as I am I am as ignorant as anyone about bloggling. Can you help me out on this? I have had several ask me to go this route but I have no clue. NO CLUE!

Does that mean you have no blog at all?

If not, I recommend starting with the free blog at WordPress.com - It can be upgraded later to a professional plan for a monthly/yearly fee.

There is also an option for buying your own URL/domain name.

Yes (with my head lowered), I do not have a blog. Perhaps the only around who doesn't. I will check into Wordpress in just a bit and get back to you. Thank you soooo much!

Oh, would you much about this instagram thing? How/why do people make money off if? I will ivestigate. More today.