Vancouverites- friendly or not?

Hey there everyone,

Hope you're all doing well!

So we heard, here at Expat.com, that Vancouver had topped the charts of the friendliest cities around. But we also heard that Vancouverites were pretty puzzled by this. So we decided to write about it: Surprise as Vancouver becomes world's friendliest city!.

What do you guys think? Is Vancouver a friendly city?

Have an amazing rest of the week.

Anne-Lise

Hello Anne-Lise,

I lived in Vancouver for 10 years (almost 11 actually) and I loved this city so much. Vancouver is family friendly, gay friendly, handicapped friendly, eco friendly, even weed friendly.

However, Vancouverites are the worst when it comes to socializing. You have so many meetups groups, people looking for new friends, but residents are most of the time incapable of looking at each other in the street or having a conversation with a stranger at the bus station.
And don't get me started on the dating scene...
So, yes this article made me smile, like a lot of residents because it really sounds like a joke to us.  :lol:

Anyway, I still made a lot of amazing friends in Vancouver over the years, but it seems that most of them were expats.  :unsure

I feel they are better than any other Provinces, yes they are introverts but few are outgoing. My 2 cents on us Vancouverites...