Payment methods in Denmark

Hello everyone,

Once you're settled in Denmark, you will need to make some basic purchases, like groceries or pay bills. Hence, it is essential to know the payment methods available in your host country.

Which are the most common payment methods in Denmark? Why would you prefer some forms over others?

Does the amount of money or the type of paid services (groceries, bills, rent, etc.) determine the choice of payment methods?

Are there any apps at your disposal which make the payment process easier in Denmark?

Can certain foreign currencies be used to make payments?

Have your habits in terms of payment methods changed since moving to Denmark?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

I'm interested in this too.  Here in the Netherlands, shopping on line is made trivial using iDeal which lets you pay and get most things delivered to your door the next day.  The only things you need to use iDeal are your bank's app and sufficient funds in your account. 

I'm ASSUMING (Danger! Danger!) that most things get paid via bank (debit) card, app (e.g. NFC smart phone) or at worst, Visa (credit)

Hi Priscilla,

Some years ago, I was there for a pharmaceutical project. And I had absolutely no problem at all to pay with cash or with foreign credit cards.

Even to pay online my rental fees and more