13A VISA

Hello to all. Im dave. Recently moved here to the Philippines.  I reside in imus cavite with my filipina wife and daughter.  I just finished doing my 13A Visa.  Believe it or not.  I pretty much did it all in 1 day. !!! Well that is after getting the paperwork together.  Including the hearing.  If anyone has any questions i be happy to help.

So you didnt have to return again,and again,and again!!!  You have to wait for an interview.then return.?

Nope. I requested a early hearing.  Only pay like 1000 peso for it. I went there with all my documents.  Paid fees. The joint affidavit they typed up for us and notarized it. Cost was 800 peso. Got my finger prints picture taken. Spent whole day there. And told to check on line web site for my visa status by late September.  When i see my name go back and pick up my i card

Im looking at the 13A Visa, would I ned to apply for this first, or can I get married, then apply, (Having obtained the Marriage Licence), along with divorce papers. Thanks.

You must be married to a Filipina and know her for a while before applying. As a single man you might consider the SRRV. Good luck.

@bimprasad you need to be married for a while and your wife will be the one to apply for you.

@Retiring in Paradise64 Hi and many thanks, we started chatting about a year ago, been to see her twice from 2022.. going again in Sept 2023.... now discussing wedding, me moving to Philippines. Have researched and thought it through & discussed.  Met her mother, sisters, other family, stayed in her house, I have been accepted by them, even her Senior Managers. Just wasnt sure if I apply for the 13A first or after marriage.  Thanks again. & best wishes - Bim

@Georges Laborie Hi and many thanks, thought I had to apply. Best wishes - Bim

@bimprasad hi.im a filipina married to a belgian citizen, my husband get his 13A visa valid for 1 year, before that u need to marry into a Filipino citizen so you can apply for 13A and your wife will be your petitioner like what i did. In process all documents u need to pay,provide and  submit into the immigration near by your wife place the processing time is like 2-3 months…after the process done u can check into their website if ur application If approved or denied. if Approved u can enjoy your stay in the Philippines up to 1year validation,then u need to pay for anual fee and after a year u can apply or ammend ur 13A  visa to 13A permanent visa or marriage permanent visa. i hope it helps into both of you!goodluck

@gerlachjessalyn Hi and many thanks, I will speak on my gf and advise. Hopefully next year it will happen.

Thanks for all the help/advice... I have a cat 19 years with thyroid, but on medication... do not want to  leave her, so I want to take her with me...  I have read up about the jabs, vet certificate, Microchip.. My cat has always been a house cat.... Any other info would be greatly appreciated, many thanks again to all, best wishes.