Builders

I'm looking for recommendations for a house builder in the Uvita CR area.  Thanks

Strongly suggest you rent for a few months at least, preferably longer to see if the area has what you require to live there before committing to build. This is not only specific to your chosen area, but any place in Costa Rica as it is much easier to experience to a different location while continuing to  rent. Also, I strongly suggest you avoid doing so, unless you can spend full work days with the work crew...preferably  with a good knowledge of the Spanish language.

Read some of the recent postings regarding building a home.

It is often mentioned that most expats return home  within 2-3 years.

It is very easy to buy property here, but often, very difficult to sell. :sosad:

Thanks for the info we've been coming down to CR for the past 15+ years and we like to stay a couple of months at a time, we both feel pretty comfortable with taking this next step and are tired of the winters at home.  Thanks

I don't know if anyone on here lives in the Uvita area. I think there's a member in the Perez Zeledon area which isn't too far away.
In addition to forums I'd check to see if there's a Uvita community FB page as there is one for San Ramon and other areas...