Agent for the Thai embassy in Hanoi?

Hi All

I would rather pay a million (or whatever) and avoid queuing at the Thai embassy.

Can you recommend a VISA agent?

How much was it?

Can one pay to have a courier meet in Hanoi to take the passport and the application form (even on the weekend)?

Hope to open up my plans and to do other things than deal with this VISA application.

(How many people will usually apply on a Monday? I am dreading the hordes in Vientiane. Sometimes, I got a number of >300)

Cheers,

Chris

Not sure about Ha Noi, but based on what I know about the embassy in Vientiane, the applicant must go in person as the Thais don't allow agents. Of course, things may be different in Ha Noi though. I'd check with a travel agent.

Can't you still get the 30-day stamp when you fly in? If you are just doing a visa run, that should be adequate.

Oh, based on your other post, it looks like you are moving to Thailand. You mention the possibility of shipping your luggage to Savannakhet. I'm pretty sure there is a Thai consulate there, which is much less crowded than the embassies. Maybe you could get your visa there when you pick up your luggage?

https://www.thai-consulate.net/thai-con … akhet.html

johnross23 wrote:

Not sure about Ha Noi, but based on what I know about the embassy in Vientiane, the applicant must go in person as the Thais don't allow agents. Of course, things may be different in Ha Noi though. I'd check with a travel agent.

Can't you still get the 30-day stamp when you fly in? If you are just doing a visa run, that should be adequate.

Oh, based on your other post, it looks like you are moving to Thailand. You mention the possibility of shipping your luggage to Savannakhet. I'm pretty sure there is a Thai consulate there, which is much less crowded than the embassies. Maybe you could get your visa there when you pick up your luggage?

https://www.thai-consulate.net/thai-con … akhet.html

John, I do appreciate your kind thoughts and suggestions! I've booked a hotel and the one thing I've left open is whether to i. fly to Hanoi and take the luggage myself or ii. hire someone / send it unaccompanied, if that's an option.

In Penang, Malaysia I used an agent for the first time. With hindsight, I got suckered: He  s a i d  the conculate took my B-VISA application and then rejected it due to my German Police clearance being neither translated into Thai nor authenticated (apostilled). It was the  o r i g n i n a l  and they do have Google Translate and there are just 2 words. KEIN EINTRAG = no entry. Any criminal records wold be entered below ;-)

Instead of just saying "no luck", he collected 3,000 THB.

Usually, the Thais check the paperwork and do not play these games to make extra money.

Chris

johnross23 wrote:

Yes, that's still an option for citizens of many countries.

I was in the Hanoi Thai Embassy last week helping my cousin get his longer-term application processed.

OP should note:

Most reviewers of the Embassy on Google have no complaints about the process there.

You must submit your application IN THE MORNING for pickup on the following business day after 3 PM (normally).

So, if you wait until Friday to submit it, you can't pick it up before 3 PM the next Monday.

How do I know these specific details?

My cousin went to the Embassy in the morning on Thursday a week ago.

However, he forgot one document.

Instead of going straight back to the hotel for the document and returning that morning, he did other things and returned to the Embassy that afternoon.

He was informed that it was too late in the day to process his Visa, and it would now be available for pickup between 4 PM and 5 PM on MONDAY.

So we had to spend three more days of his vacation in Hanoi.

We are in Saigon now, but we had to skip looking Yogi up in Nha Trang.

Don't let that happen to you!

:D