If you looking for some living cost at qatar

accommodation prices (QRs. 4000 upto 20,000)

> public transportation fares (Depends on your dest) (QRs.15 to 30)

> food prices(if you going to fast food per month QRs.500 to 700)

> health prices (if company providing you insurance so its free if not will cost you each visiting around QRs. 500)

> eduction prices (4000 and above for each Sem)

> energy prices (Oil 1 riyal per liter, Ele & Water 400 to 700)

> common bills (Internet 200 to 400, television No Cost, telephone Depends on your calls, mobile phone Depends on your calls its 0.35 Riyals per min)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant ( 150 and above)

> prices of a beer QRs.30 to 36 and a coffee QRs. 15 to 20 in a regular pub

> price of the cinema ( 35 to 50)

Thanks a lot as this gives reference for comparison..
I was wondering weather a 2-3 bedroom appartment would be availabl within a compund or servised building that provides general services? (what would be the average cost..unfurnished)

2-3 bedroom compund appartment with all facilities (swimming pool, gym and mostly coming fully furnished from 6000 upto 8000
but also u can found unfurnished for 4500 upto 6500
also villa compound you can find for 8500 upto 12000 fully furnished

Hi Mashaykhi,
My friend has just landed in Doha 3 days back and he is facing issues from information point of view. He is living in Fereez Bin Mahmoud area and he is finding it difficult to search for good reasonable Indian restaurants. Is this area good to live in. Also how many days will it take him to get the resident permit. Is the Qatar Govt. co-operative with expatriates. How many days or mnths will it take for him to get his family in Qatar. He has hired a cab for a month for 250 riyals which will take him to n fro office & home.
Regards,
Himani

Hi Himani,

Bin Mahmoud its a good area to living in specialy so many new building comes out these days.
very easy to find indian rest there because every where he will go will find one.

About his resodent permit will not take too long time if his company massenger (mandoob) taking care of everything on time maybe max will take 10 to 14 days some times will be 1 month on max from (medical and finger print)

I think 250 riyal for hiring a cab per month its a very very good deal he done.

about his family its depends on his salary how much he getting if more than 8000 riyals will have approval within 1 week if less i dont think its possible.

wish you and your friend good luck