Cielo charging 5.99% extra from foreign credit cards

Hi everyone,

I frequent a restaurant that Uses Cielo as their payment system and charges an extra 5.99% from my US Mastercard on food bills. The receipt which I had to sign states that I´m refusing the retail exchange rate of dollars (cambio) from Mastercard and that I´m opting for theirs for the extra charge! Mastercard or Visa have their own Forex or cambio and that 5.99% extra is not asked for. After more than 2 years eating at the same restaurant, I finally got tired of paying and complained at the manager who called Cielo later that afternoon and had the 5.99% removed.

So please ask ahead of time if they use Cielo as their payment system and if they charge the extra 5.99% on exchange rates. Unless of course you want to give a tip to Cielo for being eager and enthusiastic of knowing you!

Good point. I'm waiting for the day Bitcoin becomes more adopted to eliminate these middlemen.

We can possibly have big news by the end of July about the possible inauguration of BAAKT which will give way to a bigger adoption of Bitcoin. I'm a HODLer so I'm not going to be depositing my coins soon enough and spending BTC. Due to bigger adoption, it could possibly give birth to Bitcoin ETFs which would propel BTC to the moon. For now I'm concentrating on 13 other cryptos for digital adoption which is the future of money. Facebook's Libra would have a Congressional hearing with Zuckerberg... If that goes thru then it would validate the other
cryptocurrencies....