Need advice on tax clearance issue

Hi everyone,

I got difficulties with tax clearance. So much in need of advice on this from you
I entered Malaysia in Jul 15, 2018 then flew out on Jan 12, 2019 for my country, returned on Jan 21. On Apr 25, I visited my family again and returned on May 1.
I already got tax refund for 2018 in first week of Apr for my mistaken filling incorrect form. My visa expires on July 14, so I have to fly out with having insufficient 182 days to get tax 2019 and I might have to pay them back the amount of 2018 :(
Is there any solution for this situation that I can have the tax refund?
Looking forward to hearing from you

Thank you
M.

maverick_y_pita wrote:

Hi everyone,

I got difficulties with tax clearance. So much in need of advice on this from you
I entered Malaysia in Jul 15, 2018 then flew out on Jan 12, 2019 for my country, returned on Jan 21.

[8 days OUT- the day of departure /arrival counts as a day within Malaysia].

maverick_y_pita wrote:

On Apr 25, I visited my family again and returned on May 1.

[5 Days OUT -total of 13 Days Out]

maverick_y_pita wrote:

I already got tax refund for 2018 in first week of Apr for my mistaken filling incorrect form. My visa expires on July 14, so I have to fly out with having insufficient 182 days to get tax 2019 and I might have to pay them back the amount of 2018 :(
Is there any solution for this situation that I can have the tax refund?
Looking forward to hearing from you

Thank you
M.

I count 195 Days if you leave ON July 14...minus 13 days...that would mean would be at exactly 182 days. Someone else should check my counting.

One possibility, if not, is to request a short extension from Immigration.

Tax officer calculated that it was 179 days up to July 14, not 182 days

Partial days are considered as days of residence.  But the problem may be that you spent too much time out. You are allowed 14 days. Jan 12-21 is actually 10 days if the use the same rule of counting partial days as full days OUT. The  April 25-May 1st is 7 days...so you may be three days over. 195 - 17 should be 178.

I suppose you could try to stay another week on a visa extension. Not sure if they will allow it.

Yes, dear.
I have contacted my HR this morning regarding to this. Hopefully will be able to get feedback from them by tomorrow.
Thanks a lot for making time for me :)

Hi
if it is not resolved, you may contact the nearest tax declaration office, take along with you the original passport & a complete booklet Xerox copy, eBE form which is for 2018. Explain the issue in a white paper and pass to the officer.
Within 1 week this will be resolved
I hope this is not a major issue & will be solved easily

Thank you, everyone
I finally got special pass for extra 10 day staying. Things got done and I already left country  :)
Wish you all happy staying

M.

Glad you received the extension and thus qualified for tax resident status.