Make my friend house address as a company address

Hello guys

I am trying to open new business here in budapest but i faced unreasonable problem which is : i need a physical address to make the company and I need a company information like company  tax number and company name to be able to rent  the address , . So is it possible to make the company on my friend home address and  if its possible what is the steps to do that

Thank you

There is nothing unreasonable in this. You either have to a be resident, or you have to use a company that rents out its address (székhelyszolgáltató). If your friend would do this for you, he is dumb. All official communication with your company will be done via his address.

If you dont live here, you will also love that a foreigner (a person who does not live here) cant be the director. You must have a person with all legal rights of an owner to manage your company here. Foreign companies do it via subsidiaries.

I live here and the unreasonable that companies that rent their places ask for compny tax number before they can give me the rent or the will do it on my tax number and then they will postpone my business 2 weeks after company formation to give me the professional address

Then register at your own home, and there is no problem then.

Rawlee wrote:

Then register at your own home, and there is no problem then.

Exactly, and I was going to say what was unreasonable about it.

But Rawlee unless it is for illegal stuff and does not want his dwelling blacklisted?

I rent  and the owner does not want  to use the address  , so l need to see house who his owner dont mind register company on his address

waseem2018 wrote:

I rent  and the owner does not want  to use the address  , so l need to see house who his owner dont mind register company on his address

Sorry, but have to ask but what is your business?

Food services

waseem2018 wrote:

Food services

Care to expand on that?

I did not understand you question

I have a company myself, I have to say it is perfectly reasonable to ask for an address, when renting apparently with the intent to do business,clearly something to clear upfront, having said that, loads of cheap properties around. In my view if you have your own company you either should have knowledge or assets upfront.

Good luck anyhow.

Thank you

There are companies that offer "company headquarters" service, you pay a monthly fee and they allow you to register your business with their address, take care of the proper labels on the mailboxes, and some also forward any physical mails by e-mail. Look for "székhelyszolgáltatás".

Thank you I tried that but they ask for company tax or they will pospone the formation for 2 weeks to be able to provide tge address and i am not ready to lose that time waiting that but , finally I decided to do the address on the rented place where i am going to do my business

waseem2018 wrote:

Food services

For what it is worth, if you are doing any sort of catering where you prepare food "at home", do note there are significant rules about that. For example, you have to have two sinks. Not a sink with two basins. But two, complete sinks.

And if you list your business with any sort of food related topic.... they will come by and do inspections.

waseem2018 wrote:

Thank you I tried that but they ask for company tax or they will pospone the formation for 2 weeks to be able to provide tge address and i am not ready to lose that time waiting that but ,

I can not think of any legit business that can not wait two weeks.

Ice cream

Yes I am sure about that but the address is different from place where activity take place what i wanted basically is virtual office or coworker office to make it address for the company because making your work place your company address wont be great idea if you are new because you may change the place more than once and ypu need to change the address also every time

waseem2018 wrote:

Ice cream

On the street ice cream booth?

If so, those ice cream booths have been out since.... March.

You are WAY too late for this year. Two weeks still will not matter.

Seriously.... it sounds like someone is trying to offload an ice cream booth on you that is not making money. Suggest you re-think this.

What do you mean ( out since march ) , i will put  the ice crem machine inside the shop not on the street

He means that ice-cream does not sell in Hungary after about the start of October, until about March . Ice-cream shops only work for half a year. People dont consume cold food if the weather is cold.

Do you have the cerificate to run an ice-cream shop? Either the owner, or an employee must have the required education for selling food. Since you cant have an employee before making the company, I assume you are through the course in an adult school?

waseem2018 wrote:

i will put  the ice crem machine inside the shop not on the street

Do you mean then a self serve freezer with those little pre-wrapped ice cream sticks and cones? If so, that is not exactly "food service" -- that is more just providing hardware to vendors, or renting space for your own hardware.

Perhaps you should fully, and completely clarify exactly what you are doing...... As Rawlee said, if you are actually or personally selling food to someone, you need to take a course first to do such business, and those courses are only in Hungarian. So if you rent store space for rent machines you may or may not need such a course. It will depend on what you are exactly doing. If you need to take a course, those take weeks or months to complete.

I have to ask, do you speak Hungarian?