Making movies with a drone

Hi, I go to Capo Verde for a couple of weeks, I would like to bring my drone but I have a doubt,
I can use it to make amateur shots, or do you need some special permission?
Thanks for the nice site and good evening.
Carlo

Hi Carlo,

You need no special permission to fly a drone in Cabo Verde. Although there are many, many drone clips of CV on YouTube, there are so few drones here that it is not a problem like it is in other more developed countries where they can become a public nuisance or public hazard. I am assuming that you're not going to be pestering the commercial flights coming into the CV airports and you're not talking about those American military style drones the size of a Boeing that Iran just shot down, LOL

Just make sure you travel with your receipts showing that it is used and that you own it, and you must also state that it is for personal use in case you get stopped by the customs officers. Otherwise you may have to pay an import duty that can be quite high.

Have fun making your movie, Please post a link when it is done.

Regards,

Angelo

Shannara66 wrote:

Hi, I go to Capo Verde for a couple of weeks, I would like to bring my drone but I have a doubt,
I can use it to make amateur shots, or do you need some special permission?
Thanks for the nice site and good evening.
Carlo

Thank you, you were very kind, I will definitely publish the link as soon as I get back from Cape Verde.
Good day,
Carlo