IŽm thinking about moving to Canada

hey IŽm from Guatemala and IŽm thinking about moving to canada and was hoping to get more info here

Hi knt1110, and welcome to Expat.com !

any precise question ?

well is it expensive to live in canada, which cities would you recommend to live in I graduated college here in Guatemala got a business degree and I was wondering if I could obtain a job there, also how much is rent on Canada and basically this kind of stuff, I rally appreciate your reply, and IŽm looking forward to hear from you thanks!

I live in Halifax NS and am also getting my busioness degree. The job market on the east coast is a bit slower, but there are plenty of entry level jobs ($10-$14/hr) and lower management jobs (especially in retail and tourism). My cost of living is aprox $650 a month (shared 2bdrm aprt, water, cell phone,internet,food, entertainment). If your looking for an economical choice, the east coast is fairly cheaper :) hope that helps

Hi knt1110!

Welcome to Expat.com. :)

I hope that other members will be able to help you.

Regards,
Harmonie.

Hi knt1110, that's a good idea to move. From my end, I can assure you that it's really beautiful place. You will enjoy the Canada living. I can suggest you to look out for Calgary or Rocky view or Bearspaw, really beautiful places in Canada.

As much as I concern, this year was found more than immigration from all over the world, so I think there would be availability of job for sure. You have your beautiful li9ving there.

hello

Its great idea! Canada is best option for live...

Thanks,
(moderated: no ads please)

hello and welcome it's not very dificult to find all informations about your project just surfing at web then you can  find so a lot of informations about immigrations my english is not good but a try to find a few words  have nice day

life is good

Hello everyone. My wife and I are considering moving to Alberta, Edmonton. I have a job offer and it seems to be very inviting.
Generally I need to know cost of living aspects. Here in San Francisco we have Whole Foods, they are thieves and sell under the organic idea, 600 per month for food. Fuel costs for our cars runs around 3.75 per gallon...blah blah blah. All my friends in Canada, Vancouver, just say... it get cold there, I mean really cold.

hello everybody. iam polish living in cyprus for 7 years with my husband and 9 years old son. because of the situation here iam seriously thinking to move permanently to canada. my husband is a mechanic of heavy duty equipment machines and i belive that he could find a job in alberta . the only problem i have is that he doesnt know language good... my son just started with english... i dont know much ab the visas proceedure... can anybody help me to answer all my questions pls :) thanks a lot.

In Alberta we get cold winters not like you might think. The ground freezes solid , you can not dig into it with a shovel untill spring. In Southern Alberta from about Bowden and south we get warm winds that melts a lot of snow,and it doesnt often stay cold for more than 10 days without a chinook wind blowing in and warming things up. ( google " chinook wind" ).  All Alberta gets a lot of sunshine and I notice if its cloudy for more than 4 days I get feeling gloomy ,then the sun comes back and it feels great again,you feel like going out and doing things.
There are quite a few construction jobs , moving dirt ,building houses ,and things. There are also schools that teach you to become a heavy equipment operator ,or how to work on an oil rig. but they are quite expensive. There are many many jobs for Mechanics both for heavy equipment or automotive, Welders are usually needed too.  Calgary where I live is a 45 minute drive from the mountains ,and you can see them along the horizon from Calgary they are very rugged and beautful. I have been on the summit of about 10 of them, they have hiking trails to the top on quite a few ,thats how I got to the top ,just hiked ,and on one or two you have to kinda crawl on all fours for a few feet , but I was not near a cliff to fall off.
Also there is lots of skiing A ski bus takes you to the mountains and back and its $100.00 for the trip and chairlift ticket included too.  We dont have criminals here extorting us for money and our police do not take bribes ,don't try , they will arrest you ,they are honest and fair. No business in Canada is done by bribing anyone ,if it is they will soon be reported and out of business. No boss will tell you he will hire you if you give him part of your pay,If they ever tried that they would soon be in jail. We do not like to hear of anyone being cheated or being taken advantage of because they are new to Canada , you should be sure to meet some people that were born here so you can ask them how things are done ,it is easy to make mistakes when in a different conty, especially if you hang out with people from your country that are new here too,and will not be as familar as someone born here . Mostly just ask questions ,you will soon get used to how things work. . We put our money in banks not under the mattress, Most people here are very helpfull,if you are on a busy corner and ask anyone something they will stop to talk to you .I have been to several cities where they will ignore you if you try to speak to them.. We wear blue jeans and tee shirts a lot. If you are dining out jeans are ok. We dont run around wearing suit and tie unless we work in a office.then not everyone wears them even then. We have people from all around the world , mostly from Asia,India , Middle east ,Africa ,Latin America ,and about everywhere else.  Everyone gets along .
We have a lot of open space in Alberta, if I drive south west 30 miles then go south on a good higway ,I drive for miles and miles and dont see any houses ,just grass and Cattle grazing , and the foothills and mountains in the background.     
Any questions dont hesitate to ask. There are a lot of fish in rivers that are not poluted, and I don't like hunting animals , but if you do you can buy a rifle and get a hunting license and go hunting deer,elk,moose ,sheep,and just about everything wild.
Oh yes ,we do not carry guns ,no pistols, no assault army type guns . We can own pistols ,but must only use them at a firing range , it is very illegal to have a loaded pisol in your house , it must be in a gun safe and the bullets locked elsewhere . We dont use guns for self protection.We dont need them.
Well I could go on forever but ,I think I'll take my dog for walk to the mail boxes and see what's there for me. 
Neil