Need English to French Interpreter

Was told we don't need an "official" interpreter, just someone with identification (non-family member) who can translate English to French. I'm having an inteview at the mayor's office in Saint-Paul tomorrow morning (tuesday, june 25th) at 9 a.m. (09h00) for marriage to my fiancee, whom i live with, here, Saint-Paul. our interpreter is suddenly not available. There are Just a few questions that need interpreted. Can anyone help? Sorry for the short notice. Willing to pay. Thank you. Our interpreter can not make it, we just found out. The mayor's office only gave us 5 days' notice, so i know this is a longshot, but it's kind of our last hope. Thanks,  again.

james488 wrote:

Was told we don't need an "official" interpreter, just someone with identification (non-family member) who can translate English to French. I'm having an inteview at the mayor's office in Saint-Paul tomorrow morning (tuesday, june 25th) at 9 a.m. (09h00) for marriage to my fiancee, whom i live with, here, Saint-Paul. our interpreter is suddenly not available. There are Just a few questions that need interpreted. Can anyone help? Sorry for the short notice. Willing to pay. Thank you. Our interpreter can not make it, we just found out. The mayor's office only gave us 5 days' notice, so i know this is a longshot, but it's kind of our last hope. Thanks,  again.

Hi James
I can be there  tommorow 25 .....I'll arrive from St Denis  which will take half/hour ....
I hope to be on time . (9 am?)
Is the meeting scheduled at the Town Hall sT Paul?
Waiting for your answer. Cross your fingers , that 'll be OK :)
ps I am an English teacher....retired  :top:

thank you so much for responding! i will reply privately with our phone number so my fiancee, laurence, can explain to you better, in french... would that be ok? :)

james488 wrote:

thank you so much for responding! i will reply privately with our phone number so my fiancee, laurence, can explain to you better, in french... would that be ok? :)

That's OK. I 'll gladly help you for free. Just the fuel expenses.  :)
Will your fiancee phone now? I send you a private message on expatcom with my phone nbr in it
Waiting...

such a nice gentleman. thank you, kindly, for the offering of your assistance. i will be in touch, again, after the wedding and i'm a bit more settled, so that we can meet, socially, when i'm better prepared to expand my social network, here... and hopefully, gainfully employed. i arrived may 17th, following my first international flight (or any flight, for that matter... two, in fact. new york to paris, and paris to reunion)... and i'm just in awe. i hope i can call this beautiful island my home for as long as you have. merci beacoup!