Deportation question.

Howdy,

If a Vietnamese cItizen was deported from both the USA & Australia,,how would that affect other family members in applying for Visas to those countries and any where else requiring a  Visa application.

An Expat here once mentioned that the Family book was required as part of a Visa application to both the above countries.  I've seen threads on here about the family book , and apparantly there can  be more than one depending on who lives where in Vietnam.   I've also seen articles where the “book” could be phased out altogether soon.

Getting to the point...how would a foreign government know if a Visa applicant had family members deported,,given that Nguyên is a popular name here😆 . If they were aware of it, I can't imagine the application would be viewed favourably.

I could ask the Consulate  in Saigon , but I don't want my name & contact details associated with an enquiry  like this for obvious reasons.   

I also have family members & several friends in the Police back in Australia.     I did raise this with them for their opinion.

I won't detail their reply.......but it was something along these lines.

“Can't believe the sh#t you idiots put up with in that third world turd depository , just for cheap beer & women.”    Nup......Yogis here for soup & karaoke singalongs. 😆.       

So much for their jealousy..😆

Any clue on the above.

( surely it's not self disclosure) 🤓🤓🤓

Is there a Guinness World Record for the number of countries you've managed to get deported from? That person is on the right path to achieve greatness! I wonder how they could get in the second country having been deported from the first, these countries share security and immigration data as far as I know.

We're back to cheap beer and women. September can't come fast enough.

Yogi007 wrote:

If a Vietnamese cItizen was deported from both the USA & Australia,,how would that affect other family members in applying for Visas to those countries and any where else requiring a  Visa application.

- Why would other family members be affected by one member's mistake?  Isn't it the same as guilty by association?

- Was the deportee a short term tourist, a long term student, or an immigrant?  If s/he's a long term student (2 years and more) or an immigrant, then his/her name would've been removed from the family book and any familial relationship wouldn't be recognised without a lot of digging.  If s/he's a short term tourist and somehow can't keep him/herself out of trouble for 3 months or less, then there are bigger problems waiting for the family than a tourist visa in the future.

Yogi007 wrote:

An Expat here once mentioned that the Family book was required as part of a Visa application to both the above countries.

Family book is a requirement for all registrations, applications, or anything with an official stamp on it.  So, family book is a must not only for visa application to the US and Australia, but also to every country in the world minus 51.

Yogi007 wrote:

I've seen threads on here about the family book , and apparantly there can  be more than one depending on who lives where in Vietnam.

One person cannot legally be in two different family books (Clause 4, Article 4 of the 2006 Law on Residence, amended and supplemented in 2013).  It's the citizen's responsibility to report his/her change of residence to UBND so that his/her name can be removed from the old family book.

Yogi007 wrote:

I've also seen articles where the “book” could be phased out altogether soon

I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks Willy & Ciambella.

First, Willy.  Australia, USA, UK, Canada & New Zealand share that information.   That's why I was amused this person got into Australia after booted from the US.   

Ciambella,  the guilt by association is what I think may be an issue. 

What this person got involved with obviously took some planning & scheming .  Wasn't just a minor overstay.

Yogis beginning to wonder how long do you have to know someone ,,to know them.🤓

Yogi007 wrote:

Hey don't get all sentimental on me all of a sudden. You're the bear I go to for inspiration every time I get soft and flaky about women. Look at you now, arms deep in honey.

As for "guilty by association", you have to know that when it comes to border security, there's no fairness or rules. In Canada, most immigration fraud is committed by family members trying to get oversea family inside the border by all means necessary. It could be that guilty by association actually come from statistics.

Ciambella; I was going to post in response to the OP, but I know when I'm in the presence of greatness... LOL

WillyBaldy wrote:
Yogi007 wrote:

Hey don't get all sentimental on me all of a sudden. You're the bear I go to for inspiration every time I get soft and flaky about women. Look at you now, arms deep in honey.

As for "guilty by association", you have to know that when it comes to border security, there's no fairness or rules. In Canada, most immigration fraud is committed by family members trying to get oversea family inside the border by all means necessary. It could be that guilty by association actually come from statistics.

Good thing Yogi likes to keep everything ( including the honey) at arms length around here & stay on the balls of his feet ready to jump either way.  It's harder to nail a moving target. 
That how I live....I don't actually LIVE anywhere, I rotate between countries, never in one place more than 10 weeks.  I keep a “base” here , but move around a lot.

Hence , Yogi would prefer not to be linked in ANY way to those involved in Visa scams of the nature that this person was involved in up to their neck.

What I can tell you from my colleagues who are immigration attorneys, most countries immigration systems are linked and thus, if you have a passport and have an issue with a country (e.g., denied entry, visa issues, even police records for some), it is all available due to technology.

Hi VN,
yep someone's watching🤓
The “five eyes” comprising Australia, USA, UK, Canada & New Zealand share data & intel.
There's also the  9 eyes & 14 eyes comprising some European countries.   Scary huh....😳
However, in some countries Vietnam & Cambodia for instance , unless your on an Interpol watch list , you'll walk straight in.   That's why a lot of the down & out a**** & paedo s*** end up in certain SE Asian locations.
Cambodia gets a lot of the “ grubs”.

I've met several here in VN over the years that are stuck here. If they arrive at certain airports they'll be arrested.  A Russian was picked up at Lao Bao land crossing last week . He was on an Interpol list though.   

Another Russian I knew travelled all the way from Surat Thani / Koh Samui Thailand to Hanoi BY BUS.   They knew which land crossings to use .  He won't go near an airport.   I know him by three different names.   Some how he is now in Spain under another name. 

We've had several Russians arrested in Nha Trang over the years for drug trafficking , electronic & cyber crime.   They just arrive on tourist visa.   

If you meet someone in a seedy SE Asian location who uses a $10 phone, has No credit cards, No email contact , No bank account & uses Western Union for money....it's a fair chance they're hiding from something.

Never get sucked into using your credit card to book anything for them.   If they're “ wanted” and picked up at an airport on a ticket your card was used for......You'll become a person of interest in an investigation.   

Lie down with dogs.....ya get fleas.

🐾🐾🐾
PAW NOTE...

Given all of the above......
Forget the 5 eyes, the 9 eyes , the 14 eyes & assorted scum & criminal element that exists in some places in SE Asia.

From what Yogi has found , the biggest danger to Expats losing their Life savings , dignity  & sanity is their one eyed trouser snake.

And they know it.

For an American visa, they ask on the Visa application, if you have ever had any relatives in the USA or visited the USA.
Lying about that is pretty much a reason for denial.

So they do not need the family book per se.

A good place for visa questions is VisaJourney,com