Work at the Brussels airport. Where to rent apartment?

Hi,
I wonder if you could help me. I'm starting work mid July at one of the companies located in Zaventem airport.
I wonder if someone could recommend some good neighborhood in Brussels to rent apartment that would not be far away from the airport and close to city.
Thanks is in advance
Sebastian

https://www.immoweb.be/en/search/apartm … ;maxroom=2

You have not mentioned if you are planning to get/have a car, and will you be driving to work versus public transportation. Secondly, the location where you stay is also dependent on the budget for housing.

If you would like to stay nearby to the airport, neighbourhoods to consider can be Zaventem itself, Diegem or even Vilvoorde.

The east side of Brussels is quite popular with expats too - namely Woluwe St Pierre, Kraainem, Woluwe St Lambert, or Audergherm versus the 3 listed above (which are in Flanders, not Brussels). But these would be more expensive in rental, and probably will take 15-20 mins by car.

In terms of public transportation lines etc, Google maps is very good on the details. I would suggest that you take a look at the Immoweb website to look for a place, and then google map to find out the distance and possible ways of public transportation of said accommodation to the airport. That way, it will give you an idea if there is a direct bus, or trams etc.

I lived for one year and half in Evere, where the buses to airport cross. It's a good place and you can find good apartment offers around.

Luck!

Zaventem is a nice place, a bit expensive but very near to the airport. What's your budget? You can also go for Machelen and Vilvoorde.