Opening a small business in Varna with family & children

Considering moving to Varna and opening up a photography studio in the city. My husband is Bulgarian. I am American. We are thinking of quitting the corporate rat race and having a simpler life with our kids and doing something we love with a family business together. Has anyone done something similar and have advice? Our thoughts are that if we sell our house, we will have a good amount of savings to live on since cost of living is so much less. The studio business would be something we love to do and hopefully would bring in enough for us to live off of and be able to have more time together as a family. My husband has family in Bulgaria and 2 other European countries so it would be a great way to expose our kids to European travel every year. From the US it is too expensive for us to travel regularly. How are the schools in Varna? Should we consider private school?

Welcome :)

How old are the children? If they are still young I would not bother with private schools as they can be expensive.

Children are very adaptable and learn languages quickly.

5 and 7 😊

SpaghettiMonster wrote:

5 and 7 😊

In that case, I would opt for a normal state school. They will learn very quickly and make friends. International schools tend to cater to children who are in the country for a few years due to their parents work. AS you plan to open a business I am guessing you are in the country to stay?