What is the Problem Here?

I was in Da Lat during Tet. I had just gotten out of the FV hospital in Saigon. I still had a 3" wound in my back from a drug-resistant bacterial infection. I was in Da Lat for an interview for an English-teaching position.
I was walking around the market area when I met three students, two guys and a girl. I was talking to them about their English studies. They seemed to be very happy to use their English language skills.
From out of nowhere, and totally uninvited, this big guy challenged me - "What is the problem here?"
He was obviously Viet Kieu, he was obviously on a mission, and he obviously thought I had no place there. I had just lost 30 pounds to an infection and backed down.
I interviewed with the school the following week. Their offer didn't even meet living expenses, even with free accommodations and meals at their resort.
I'd still like to confront that SOB again, even at age 70, and teach him a thing or two. I would lose, but he would pay.

I find a lot of Viet Kieu from Nth America have serious attitude problems. I gave one a chance to take a swing at me, and of course he backed down. They seem to be very mouthy, and have a high opinion of themselves, not all, but a damn lot that I have come across. I have also met some really nice ones, but they seem few and far between.

The ones I met in Saigon and Rach Gia were so far very nice to me, but it's a small sample. Maybe Dalat attracts the bad ones, they gotta love strawberries  :lol:

Hostility and intense loathing can be found. OTOH, some men might want to take selfies with you, too  :huh:

I hate it when they "play dumb", being passive-aggressive while knowing damn well what you want and need.