Water filtration system??

Hi all,

Shopping day in the capitol.  One of the items on our list is a water filtration system for our new home.

We have been shopping around.  The only place we found one is at Ferreteria Americana.

I seem to recall a thread about a company that supplies these but could not find the thread. 

Is this familiar to anyone?  Or perhaps I am just crazy?  Can you point me to the thread if my memory serves me well....or point me to the nearest psychiatrist if I am losing it?

Thanks much,
Las Terrenas Tracy

EcoServe in Cabarete... they travel.

Same system as NYC uses....
filter & UV light

$2000 for the household.... every tap
it is installed at your source of entry

Use my name -- in Cabrera
they speak English too

Thanks much WillieWeb.  Appreciate the quick response.

We have it installed in our villa, worth every penny.  You can drink out of any faucet, should you choose to.  Ecoserve responds very quickly to issues, and are friendly when on-site as well.

They're a Cdn company -- based in London ON... believe it or not!!
Trojan Technologies

I am from there

We Canadians take our clean water seriously, eh?!

Thanks for this info
I have emailed the company
Keep everyone posted on how it goes for future reference.

We just moved here to LT
What's a good gym to join? And what should we expect to pay?

Worth visiting Unidos - the one in Bella Vista is better in terms of service. You can buy 3 types of good filters and the holders that you install in you feed for under usd100. It is an hours work for a plumber to install on your feed line and maybe 50usd every couple of months for replacement filters. I have my own well in the campo and filter treat that water for general household use, washing and showers. Better than SD city water. LT city water is good. It comes from springs in the Coson area near the large water tanks.

For drinking water in DR you really need reverse osmosis bottled water with added minerals if possible (Tensui would be luxury using the TSS10 filter to add back minerals but 2k plus import duty costs) . Unidos sell mini filtration systems with RO for under 500usd. I buy my drinking water from the local 5 gallon bottling company who use an RO set up at 35 pesos a bottle or 40 delivered.

I am not convinced UV treatement offers any advantage over a carbon filter. It doesnt rid water of amoeba which is problematic here. RO does.

Since installing the system lennox, nobody in my family has had stomach issues
and before..... it was a common occurrence

very happy with the service and results.... EcoServe

My advice is don't drink any treated water in DR or other developing country unless it is filtered and reverse osmosis water, distilled, treated and boiled or treated and chlorinated. Whilst filters do remove the larger amoeba, UV treatment does not remove everything.

Amoeba are common in DR espcially in built up areas including resorts where there are many spetic tanks discharging grey water into the ground.

https://www.naturamedrd.com/blog/lo-que … amebiasis/

Buying those 5 gallon bottles from a good provided or drinking bottled water is my advice.

You can get good quality water for general household use at a low cost as my e-mail above or engage a company to do just that. It is your money but I would not recommned drinking unless it is one of those small package set ups you can buy in the likes of Unidos (see below link for idea of cost) with a small reverse osmosis treatment or larger set up as Megagua.

I have read that Ecoserve are stating that your tap water after their sediment and carbon filters and UV treatment is good to drink but perhaps they assume your water is city water and as such chlorinated already? Chlorine kills almost everything.

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.do/MR … 7fd0156621https://megagua.com/productos.php?conte … is_inversa

We have had the Ecoserve whole-house filter for over 2 years, and never had an issue.  None of our guests have had an issue either.  Maybe we're lucky with the well water in the area, but seeing what the filter cartridges look like after being changed, I think we are getting good protection for our money.

Yes.... the water source is the key.....mine is a well