Paid consultants or realtor?

Hi Everyone,

We are new to Expat and hopefully I am posting in the correct section due to have IPhone internet issues or user error LOL!
My husband and I have tried the snowbird thing in past on AZ but the dry heat didn't seem to do much for health but when we went for a belated honeymoon with an extended stay for dental work in Cancun....It must have been the ocean and maybe the humidity in the air. But we felt fantastic!
We are both disabled with many health issues and my husband who is in the final stages of MS felt most days like he was 20 years
younger. I felt better most days as well between weather, slower pace, affordable organic & fresh seafood, siesta time, etc.
Of course the day we got back home to Oregon everything went back to being miserable in pain, other physical etc., and having to use a wheelchair again.
So very long story short....Looking for referral for  a realtor to help us find a rental during the winter?
And or I have seen on searches companies offering to help everything from finding a place to paperwork needed but wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not. Would love some input, if any, would be very helpful and appreciative.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!

A Realtor can help you out.  Google or ask for a referral from someone who you might have possibly met whilst there.

Thank you fingers crossed I  will get a reply with some referrals or ideas of where to go vs. basic search. I am terrible with Google searches and not even sure I posted in the correct spot. Part of my user error is cognitive issues unfortunately :-(. Thank you again!

TheATeamAdventurez wrote:

Thank you fingers crossed I  will get a reply with some referrals or ideas of where to go vs. basic search. I am terrible with Google searches and not even sure I posted in the correct spot. Part of my user error is cognitive issues unfortunately :-(. Thank you again!

Hi team,

At the top of the page are classified ads and housing, which might help you. My last trip to the U.S., I started feeling sick driving through Arizona. You are not imagining what you feel. MS is an autoimmune disease, so the environment and food are critical.  Have you checked out a Functional Medicine doctor? I know Corvallis is more health progressive, what area are you in?

Hi!
Thanks for tip in Corvallis. I think we still have some extended family that lives there. I know Portland without stops or traffic for us is still about a 5 hour drive.
We both have autoimmune issues and so many other issues :-(. His started in Northern California and I was living in Phoenix, AZ at the time. Currently, we are in Eastern Oregon closer to Idaho. So it goes from rain to snow to quick hot summer back to cold/wet. Maybe a few nice days but cold mostly.
I've been to cities more in Northern Mexico and found further south, like Cancun area, it was like I felt wonderful more days than not as long as I took a siesta, didn't overdo every day, took breaks, and lots of pool or ocean time.
Plus, I grew up on Pacific coast so I miss the ocean! And bonus I love fresh fruit and seafood. Fresh, organic fruit and seafood in Eastern Oregon even what's available local is soo spendy.  And wow! Sticker shock on produce after living in Phoenix for produce.
Sorry TMI. Thank you again for the info.
TTFN!

PS
Thank u for saying we are not imagining it. I get so “sick and tired” of that business. I got that reverse discrimination recently at airport needing a wheelchair but because I looked Ok....Well I wasn't in the mood to argue with skycap to help me & wait in wheelchair like everyone else who needed one. So I pulled out my Medicare card. Then I asked how many people do U know in their 40's on Medicare who are not disabled or retired yet? Goodness 20+ years still having to provide proof to people and doctors and I am sure another 20! Anyways....That shut him down quick. I got to keep my wheelchair.
My husband and I totally understand how u feel! And we all wish we didn't!