Cost of living in zoeterwoude family of 4

I am interested in the cost of living for a family of 4 in Zoeterwoude.  The net salary will be around 5700 per month.  Is this sufficient for a family of 4?  Also, is it standard for Expats to purchase their own health insurance or is this something companies normally contribute to as part of the salary?

Thank you.

Hi again,

The Numbeo website provides a lot of information related to the cost of living.  Zoeterwoude is just to the south of Leiden, so here is a link to the data for that town.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi it's to much money for 4 person . Zoeterwoude is a beutiful village but not much activites there for family. You have to go for shoping and school to leiden or zoetermeer.  I suggest you to go live zoetermeer its 5km from zoeterwoude. Leiden is also good option but the rent for homes are much high.

Allisonb11 wrote:

I am interested in the cost of living for a family of 4 in Zoeterwoude.  The net salary will be around 5700 per month.  Is this sufficient for a family of 4?  Also, is it standard for Expats to purchase their own health insurance or is this something companies normally contribute to as part of the salary?

Thank you.

Hi Allison,

Zoeterwoude is a lovely village and lies next to Leiden. If you like bike or hiking there is a lot to see (mills, lots of green spaces, birds, lots of water), there is a swimming pool, a Recreatief transferium and stores where you can buy your daily groceries.

Your income is more than enough. Everybody in The Netherlands must have health insurance, so you and your husband must have your own insurance. A decent health insurance cost about 130 monthly, your children can join your insurance. So it's 250/ 260 for the both of you.
Big companies usely have a collective insurance so it's a bit cheaper.

Good luck!