Cost of living : I am a family of 5

Im considering an offer and would like to know if 70-75k euro would be a good salary after which i can also save.

I am a family of 5. Plan to put 2 kids in elementary IB school and rent a 4 bed house. Im hoping outside of amsterdam but not more than 45 min commute to city centre

This might be a bit of pay cut but willing to give a try if there is some saving after 30% tax ruling

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you

Hi Kull and welcome to the Forum. :)

The Numbeo website offers this kind of information; if you follow this link, it will take you there.  You can use it to compare costs between different Dutch towns cities.

The data reflects the previous 12-months, so will always be slightly out of date, but it should give you a decent picture on all sorts of cost.

75k is a reasonable salary in Holland, although living in Amsterdam will take a big chunk out of it; I'd advise you to look outside and then commute by train - Holland has an excellent public transport network.  The 30% tax ruling is actually a salary cut of 30%, which is then paid to you as an allowance which is free of tax.  Which actually means that any benefits/bonuses you may be entitled to, are based on your revised salary.

Hope this helps.