Hello

hello , can anyone explain me what's the difference between VIPER and RNE ? i got married from a brazilian here in russia , and i applied for the VIPER , and then i read about something called RNE , can you explain me the difference? aren't they same (permanent residence) ? like the only difference that viper you get it out of brazil and the rne inside brazil  but theyre the same document ?

The same. VIPER: Visto de Permanência; RNE is the card (ID) for a permanent resident
obtained from the Policia Federal here in Brazil... It´s now also called CRNM.

Hi, Elia,
The VIPER WAS the permanent residency visa for Brazil, issued by the Foreign Ministry, in consultation with the Justice Ministry.  It was abolished in 2017, when Brazil reformed its immigration laws, and replaced by the VITEM XI, which is a temporary visa that allows a person who qualifies for permanent residency to come to Brazil and apply for permanent residency with the Federal Police.
"RNE" was the National Foreigner Registry, where the Federal Police registered all resident foreigners in Brazil.  The identity card that these people received was formally called the CIE, Foreigner Identity Card, but most people informally called it "RNE" also.  As part of the 2017 reform, the RNE was renamed RNM, National Migratory Registry, and the CIE was renamed CRNM, National Migratory Register Card.
Under the old system, a person holding a VIPER would go the the Federal Police on arrival in Brazil, and be issued a CIE pretty automatically.  Now, a VITEM XI holder needs to go to the Federal Police with all the supporting documents that they require, with apostilles from their home country (or legalized by a Brazilian Consulate, if their home country is not a party to the Apostille Convention), translated by a Sworn Translator, and apply for a CRNM.

thanks a lot !
last question, which procedures do i need to do when arriving to brazil (of course if already hold the VITEM ) to get the permanent residence ? are procedures complicated? and how much time do i need to have it ? and i should stay in brazil after applying my documents till i earn it ? or i can apply and travel and then go back when it needs to be coming back?

The procedures aren't complicated if your papers are in order.  If they're not, things can become difficult fast.
You need to go the the Polícia Federal within 30 days of your arrival in Brazil, the sooner the better:  if there are complications, you want to allow yourself enough time to resolve them.  Your visa probably says "30 days" in the fine print.  The documents required depend on your basis for requesting permanent residency.  The lists for the various possibilities appear here (in Portuguese) on the Polícia Federal site:
http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/imigra … e-registro
If the country issuing your documents is a party to the Apostille Convention, all documents you submit to the Polícia Federal (except for your passport) should have apostilles attached by that country's authorities; this is much easier to do before you come, than from Brazil.  If your country is not a party to the Convention, the documents must be authenticated by a Brazilian Consulate before you come.
All documents submitted to the Polícia Federal must be translated into Portuguese by a Sworn Translator in Brazil.  This can be accomplished over the Internet before you come, or without too much difficulty when you get here.
If your application is accepted, you'll receive a document, a "Protocolo", attesting to the fact.  Your CRNM will be issued one to three months (more or less) after your application is accepted.  The Brazilian authorities assume that you'll be staying in the country until you receive it:  you're applying for PERMANENT residency, after all.  You are permitted to travel outside the country on your Protocolo, however.  You'll be notified by email when your CRNM is available for pickup.   If you leave a Power of Attorney ("Procuração") with a trusted friend or relative, that person can go to the Polícia Federal to pick it up for you.  The Polícia Federal will NOT send it to you outside the country.  If it's not picked up in a reasonable amount of time, they can cancel it and send it back to Brasília.

thanks!! so it's enough to have this viper to be considered as a permanent resident? or i should go to brazil as soon as possible to make some procedures there ( confirmation or something like that ) ?

a big thanks !! it was very helpful!