Question for pet owners.

I hear that nobody has pet insurance in Malta which is a pretty scary thing to us.  We have two four legged family members Bella (Basset Hound) and Oliver (Persian cat)What do people do and how expensive does it get when something goes wrong or they get poorly!? :unsure

Amanda x

Hi,

My last visit on vet : 4 eur (pills again tenya (vorms)) and previous one about 30 euros (vaccin and an other thing)

but some vet are expensives (a friend af mine paid 150 eur)

to have our two small dogs sprayed for fleas/ticks (a requirement here for boarding kennels) is 4 Euro/dog at our local vet clinic in Msida. Kennel cough vacc was approx 15 Euro (another kennel requirement). 15 Euro to see the vet (for both animals). hope this helps!

Hi! I think my vet's the same as jess_cooke as his clinic is in  Msida /St Venera area close to Lidl .  He uses the original medicines of the big brands and not the cheap eastern European copies. (wife was a pharmacist and is ultra fussy about her cats). The service is really very good and have asked him to submit his details in the Expat directory .

The very same vet, glad to hear others think as highly of the clinic as we do.

Glad to hear. He is really a very popular vet. BTW by wife I meant my wife not his :)