Bosses and their foreign employees: rude comments

Not sure about you, but if a friendly boss needs my help after midnight, I'll jump, no matter what. Because I want to help her or him.

Looking back, I recall horrible INSULTS the bosses may not even realize they have uttered.

There is a lack of soft skills.

Care to share some of your experiences of rudeness by Alpha Males and other bosses?

I can't share because, even though one boss was horrible, it would be rude to tell tales. :)

This isn't about a comment made by a boss, but about the rape of a VN friend. Back in 2005 my friend was raped by her boss, I asked her why she didn't go to the police, she said the police will believe him and not her because he had money to pay them off. Very sad state of affairs. She got on with her life and loves the child very much.

@ Colinoscapee, that's both shocking and wonderful at the same time!

Asking questions seems to be frowned upon. I dared ask about the payday and there has been a deafening silence. (This is a part-time gig, an hour each work day).

HR seems to lack the most basic process of handling applicants. Like spening 15 seconds to send an email saying thanks for coming.

As ther only foreigner at a center, they went and hired a Turkish teacher. At the time, I was working 30 hours a week and had to commute on their motorcycle to another town. (Getting money for gas proved nearly impossible, but that's another story). - So they hired thisw guy and then discovered that he couldn't sspeak English?!?

There I was, happy to oblige. With Skype and Google Hangout, we could have had a chat...

Communications are like dancing on a high rope without a safety net.