VISA D Information

Hello everyone!

Where can I get exact details of the different ways to acquire a category D visa? I've been looking at the government websites, but they are all pretty vague.

I'm looking for the best way to immigrate. I was planning on applying as a freelancer, but now I've read that I need to be B1 proficient as in Bulgarian. I don't see this happening any time soon as Bulgarian is very different from the two languages I know.

I wanted to go the freelancing route because I currently freelance from my home country and I don't have a location-based business. I can literally work from anywhere with an internet connection. Moving will not affect my income at all.

Any advice?

You would best talk to a lawyer. You could possibly open a company in your home country and then apply as a representative of your company, as then you won't have the language requirement. But I am just guessing at this as I don't have direct experience in it. Speaking to an immigration lawyer would be your best option.

What is your nationality.   I had no problem with my application.  It was tedious, however!

Curious Johnavann, did you get a freelancer visa without being proficient in the language? Or did you know Bulgarian?