Teaching in Cancun

My name is Andy Ross, i am British, i have just arrived in Cancun from Toluca/Mexico City. I am looking for work as a teacher (or anything else)
I have a BSc (Hons) degree in Bio-chemistry and a masters in Secondary Teaching. I have experience teaching, science, Mathematics, English, history and religious education. I have travelled extensively and am also very experienced in construction, project management, working with sports horses and managing people.
I am here with my Mexican girlfriend, who has family here. So far i like it very much. A breath of fresh air compared to living in Toluca (what a mad house )hope to hear from anyone

thanks Andy

Hi Andy,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

I suggest you to post an advert in the Cancun classifieds under job section. It might help you in your search.

I wish you good luck,
Christine

Hey Andy! Welcome to Cancun! You should not have many problems landing a job as a teacher if you hold teaching qualifications.  Many foreigners get a job teaching English as a second language but to get a decent salary you would have to work from 7am to 9pm Monday to Friday and sometimes even Saturdays and Sundays!
Look for a job in formal education, maybe a university or a private bilingual school. I recently got a job as an elementary school teacher.
Go to computrabajo.com.mx or simplyhired.mx Most schools post their vacancies there.
Saludos!

Hi Manny, thank you so much, the information you have given is very useful, just what i needed.
I have infact just got intouch with one unversity here and will be discussing the possibility of work next week.
At this time i am living in Santa Fe, not sure if this is where i will stay. Whatr about you? Maybe we could meet up sometime for a chat.
Anyway, thanks once again for your help

Andy Ross

Hello Andy,

Universidad TecMilenio has a new language center in case you would like to teach English. UT also posts vacancies from time to time. I'm renting a small apartment close to Plaza 2000, not sure if this is where I will stay once the school year starts. Let me know when we can meet up for a chat.
Good luck next week! 

Saludos,
Manny

Hi

Try these following two schools Communidad del sol or IAS they have a web page iasces.com where you can find information, on teaching.  If not you can go to the school with your CV, I believe they are closed this week.  But open in a week or so.

hope that helps

Welcome to Cancun.  We moved here from the states 2 years ago.   Loving it so far.

Craig

Hi Craig, thanks for the welcome. I am here from Toluca/Mexico City. I am here with my Mexican girlfriend. I  have just taken a job at the Colegio Britanico. We live in Santa Fe at the moment but are looking to move more into town very soon.
It is nice to make friends with English speakers as I spend all my time with Mexicans at the moment.
I am 49 and my girlfriend Carmen is 45. It would be nice if we had a chance to meet up sometime in the future. I look forward to hearing from you

Andy

Sounds good Andy.   I agree.  Always nice to meet other English speakers.  I dont know to many and dont speak very good Spanish myself.  All my clients are either in the US or UK, so I get my English from my work but it would be nice to have a non work related conversation.  LOL

Congrats on your job!  That is wonderful.  I am going to the states next week to drop my son off at his new University.  Brand new college freshman. :-)

I will be back towards the end of month, but let me know when you would like to get together.  My wife Cecilia and I are 42. Would be happy to meet up for dinner or something.

Craig

Hi Craig, sounds great. I have 2 daughters in the UK 1 24 magazine editor for the Royal Society of Chemists and the other 19 and is at Portmouth University '' American Studies''
Myself and Carmen would love to meet up for a drink or dinner. We have found some nice bars and resturants in Cancun, quiet, civilised and the clientel are more our age.
Let me know when you get back from the States and we can arrange something.
Good luck to your son, he must be very excited,
speak soon Andy

Andy,

Sounds great!  Yes he is very excited.  He will be studying Engineering at Virginia Tech.  He just graduated from La Salle prepatoria here in Cancun. Our other 2 are 13 and 12 going to La Salle Secondaria.   I will be sure to connect with you when I get back.

Dinner sounds wonderful.  Talk to you soon.

Craig

Ok, great, look forward to hearing from you

Andy